• Register Today It's free!

leaf Springs....

Metallica0682

Reaction score
City, State
Gloucester MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer
ok so I have a 1996 explorer which I'm trying to find some rear leaf spring bushings...but according to Ford they do not sell after market ones do the the change over from the 94's so I have to buy the whole spring unit. my quesion is where do I find either bushings for it or leaf springs? and is there any other model that they would fit from? any help would be GREAT!! thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem is that on the 2nd gen x's they used poly bushings from the factory..

When I put 2nd gen springs on my 1st gen X (made by Old Man Emu) one of the bushings got lost.. I wasn't able to find it (I only looked for a few days).. Luckily Rick (the one I got the springs from) found the bushing lying in his driveway..

I can't believe that you have to buy the entire spring.. I'd check with local spring shops and even Torrie at Fast Parts Network (EF suporter/vendor).

~Mark

if you have to to buy aftermarket stuff i would look on summit to see if you find anything that you would like ive been on there they got good prices on leaf kits

I need help my motor is messing up

Hey everybody i have a 92 and my motor is a 4.0 and i was driving 1 day and left my gmas and it started missing through the rpms of 2.000 - 5.500 and now its got to where i have to hold it to the floor to gain speed the motor shakes so bad i cant hardly see out the rear view mirror and it pops alot and today it cut off with me can somebody help?:(

Back