• Register Today It's free!

Leaking fuel line connection

ncpocta

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
My question is has anyone every replaced the o-rings in the fuel line fittings? If so can you please advise the size of the o-rings and where you purchased them?

I just replaced my 94 Explorer fuel pump and now the fuel line connection at the top of fuel sending unit is leaking. The tube on the sending unit is in good condition and I can see the fuel squirting out from the fitting. I was able to pull the two o-rings out from within the fuel line side fitting. I was hoping to replace the o-rings to stop the leak. I have a o-ring kit with 40 different sizes but none the size I need. I checked with ford for the o-rings and they advised this is a non-servicable item and I need to replace the fuel line at close to $300. I checked with some auto parts stores but they didn't have any o-rings close in size (ford also checked in their loose o-ring stash).

I measured the o-ring and it appears to be a -109 size (5/16 ID x 1/2 OD x3/32 W). I have order some N70 o-rings in the above size from an online site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you only have to weld the fuel line with acetylen torch ..haha ..joking man dont do thta...(in case you are stupid) :p

I am having the exact issue with my fuel line o rings. Did you ever get a fix? I'm starting to think we'll have to replace the whole line with new pressure hose and clamps...not sure if this will work though.

I hope the OP is still around after 4 years. I looked into this and I really got nothing definitive. Dorman makes repair kits. The connector itself is made by Parker and the rubber part is more of a sleeve or cylinder than a ring. Apparently. I found such things for diesel applications. mcmaster.com has square cross-section o rings, and may have tubing that can be cut to size. They have a LOT of tube sizes and materials.

If anyone can measure a known good seal, I would be happy to go further with this.

Hey RoadRunner...did you ever find a solution for o-ring replacement ?

Back