leaking transfer case | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

leaking transfer case

paul kellam

Reaction score
This subject has been discussed plenty (lot's of good info) I feel that i have the tools and knowledge to do it but i can't find the time, 2003 S/T 4wd can anyone give me a good honest guess at what a shop would charge to do this job???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First time I've seen this post. For future reference, this is a decently helpful site for similar questions.

http://repairpal.com/

Did you get it taken care of?

original est was 200.00 but the seal leaking was between the two sections thus the extra labor, seems really stupid to stick that kind of money in a rig with 160k but whatever i guess...

honestly these trucks can easily make 250K milage before being yard worthy. so at 160K i would gladly spend 450 on it. if thats too much i would scout out the yards for a non-leaky transfer case.

I spent $400 on having the front suspension rebuilt because I had more money than time at that point. I would easily do it again. I'm a little more attached to the truck, though. $400 won't even begin to touch what I'm going to start putting into this truck with a new engine and axles.

Back