• Register Today It's free!

lean bank 1 and 2 codes -update

joe doe

Reaction score
City, State
slatington,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ex sport 4.0 ohv
hey everyone .if any of you read my previous posts about the lean codes you know i been struggling with this for awhile .my ex is a 2000 sport with the 4.0 ohv engine.well i went n bought the gaskets and had the work performed.on the ohv engine my mechanic informed me since i have the ohv engine with a steel intake we didnt have to crack that open.the orings in question on this engine are located in the lower end of the intake plenum...which is plastic on this engine.he showed me the orings and they were flattened out.he said they should stick out a little to complete the seal.so in the end i had to buy the orings(3 seperate ones on this plenum)and the lower fuel rail gasket which is almost like a phenolic spacer with a gasket molded to it on each end.out of pocket for the gaskets was just around 30 bucks right from the dealer.the mechanic did the job for a hundred bucks even.he turned off my check engine light for me with his snap on code reader.its been a few days since the work has been done and no light back on yet.we have had some cold mornings (20 degrees or less)and the light has not come on .befor the work was done my light came back on every cold morning after a short drive .i would turn it off myself with my code reader but it always came back on .i hope this was the fix ...so far so good.if anything resurfaces i will post up.

Back