• Register Today It's free!

lean

DieselDaddy

Reaction score
City, State
Ranson West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Got two codes on my ex system too lean bank 1 system too lean bank 2 check engine light on and had it stumble and shut off twice this past weekend. I checked fuel pressure and it was at 65psi at idle. I have driven it since I clear the codes and they come back shortly after. Truck is running good but I am suspecting a fuel pump starting to go bad. I changed the fuel filter after checking pressure just because I did not know when the last time it had been done. I know the pressure is good but I am still suspecting a fuel pump just from past experience. If anyone has some other ideas I would love to hear them.:salute:

65 psi fuel pressure is right where it should be. i don't think your fuel pump is your problem. you more likely a vacuum leak somewhere past the MAF sensor. could be a cracked/broken vacuum line, leak in the power brake booster, cracked PCV elbow, or leaking PCV grommet, or leaking intake manifold gasket(s). LEAN = too much air and not enough fuel for the engine to run properly. as running lean causes the engine to run hot it can cause internal damage and even melt down your catalytic converters.

smoke tested vac system and intake no leaks. Just so you know smoke tested with snap on smoke machine. not blowing cig smoke through the breather.

Back