• Register Today It's free!

Leaning front end while turning.

priano080293

Reaction score
City, State
Joliet, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer sport
Hi, new to the forum here. I notices earlier in my '91 Explorer sport 2dr that when i turn the steering wheel to the right, the right front corner of the whole truck lifts up..any thoughts as to what may be going on? Thanks in advance to any and all input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, should have clarified a bit better...the passenger front corner. Thanks.

I'm going with an alignment issue, or a failed part thereof. I might jack up that corner and check for looseness. Do it once supported by the frame and again supported by the lower A arm. You could have something dangerous going on, if you are not mechanically inclined, I'd get it to an alignment shop... sooner than later.

Some of the bad things that can cause this could cause the wheel to fall off, and at highway speeds, that could be quite inconvenient.

Unless it is extremely excessive, I wouldn't worry about it. Does it happen when you turn the wheel all the way to the left as well? If you don't notice it then its probably because your suspension is more worn on the left side from having only a driver in the car + the gas tank on the left side for all those years. All five of my explorers do this in both directions.

Normal

All five of my explorers do this in both directions.

+1 to what Chaos said.

I have had 2 Rangers, 2 Bronco IIs, and 1 Explorer and all of them did that both directions. It has to do with how the camber, caster and knuckle interact. Perfectly normal for any TTB afaik.

Back