Lease up 2016 debate 2016 ex or 2017 xt5 cadillac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lease up 2016 debate 2016 ex or 2017 xt5 cadillac

NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
My lease will be up next year and im thinking of going back to cadillac with the new xt5 that replaces srx but i need to see what the xt5 has in features. What'S the feed back? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it's an apples vs oranges comparison. What are you looking to do with the vehicle? How have you liked ur 14. Maybe wait and see what the 17 EX is like. When is ur lease up?

My lease will be up next year and im thinking of going back to cadillac with the new xt5 that replaces srx but i need to see what the xt5 has in features. What'S the feed back? Thanks in advance.

It looks like the XT5 share's a similar body as the Chevy Equinox and it's a replacement to the Cadillac SRX so you're only getting 2 rows of seating.

To me, I think the XT5 is a little too weird with its styling in my opinion. Look at it from the front view and that's where I don't really like it. http://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/xt5-crossover.html

If you're thinking of the 2016 Ford Explorer, you'll probably have better incentives seeing how the XT5 hasn't been released yet.

XT5 might be more fuel efficient and might be better handling since it's a luxury vehicle and isn't as heavy as the Explorer.

In all honesty, I think you should go with the Lincoln MKX instead. Ford has done right with that vehicle: http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkx/gallery#video,/crossovers/mkx/content/gallery/video-gallery1

XT5 looks very kool but do you really see them as comparable?......I see them as two different segments, just like was said above, its a two row vs a three row.

I have had explorer's since 2002 in 2008 i went to cts but i.m really a suv type person. The thrid row i rarely used just have it but rarely use, but lets see what the cad brings in its packages because the most i like of the ex is the adaptive cruse control its awesome.

To me, while they are both CUV's, the Ex still looks like a SUV. The Caddy looks like every other CUV out there. It has that crossover look that to me is closer to a minivan look than a SUV look.

However, this is all personal preference. If you like the look of the Caddy, fine. That to me is the #1 thing with a vehicle. You have like the looks to want it. Then reliability. Then features.

It looks like the XT5 share's a similar body as the Chevy Equinox and it's a replacement to the Cadillac SRX so you're only getting 2 rows of seating.

To me, I think the XT5 is a little too weird with its styling in my opinion. Look at it from the front view and that's where I don't really like it. http://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/xt5-crossover.html

In all honesty, I think you should go with the Lincoln MKX instead. Ford has done right with that vehicle: http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkx/gallery#video,/crossovers/mkx/content/gallery/video-gallery1

I agree with this

The only General Motors suv's I would even consider would be the Suburban or Tahoe..But that is just me..I recently rented a Suburban and was very surprised how well it rode and handled plus was overall good on fuel for a V8.

I agree with this

The only General Motors suv's I would even consider would be the Suburban or Tahoe..But that is just me..I recently rented a Suburban and was very surprised how well it rode and handled plus was overall good on fuel for a V8.

Miami - same here except I would also ad Escalade…..until this year. The black versions of these really remind me of a hearse.

Miami - same here except I would also ad Escalade…..until this year. The black versions of these really remind me of a hearse.

I definitely agree with you on that!!!! Luckily the one I rented was white as a black Suburban looks like a hearse as well.

I rented a 15 Suburban in LA and a 15 Yukon in PHX through SiXT rental. They were beautiful SUV's but I dont see them as comparable to the Explorer, more the Expedition.
Apparently that hearse appearance issue is huge ....I noticed it right away and then saw others online commenting on it.

The only thing for me is the Explorer Sport gives you a 3 row hauler that you can have a spirited driving experience in if you choose to.

You cant have that same spirited drive in the Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon series.

So it's a better mix of capabilities, for the Sport IMHO.

Although I do want the GM multimedia 4G LTE Navigation & wireless charging system in my 17 Explorer but that's unlikely.

Back