Leather driver seat smells like ass real bad... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Leather driver seat smells like ass real bad...

nickn269

Reaction score
City, State
Plainwell, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
...how do I clean the ass/fart smell out of leather seat? Everytime I slide in or shuffle my position in the seat it wafts a rank odor into the cabin. :|

Sorry for the graphic details, but I doubt I'm the only one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like you, I also had this problem. Not with my xlt but with the control room chair in the studio where I was a DJ at a local radio station.

The ONLY thing I found to correct this smelly issue was to soak the seat with Lysol. Now my ass smells like Lysol, but much better than the alternative close as I could figure was hard boiled pickle eggs & beer.

Could be a medical issue...

Laughed at title, laughed at OP, laughed at second post. My God, I love ExplorerForum.

This sounds like a job for Joe Dirt. If anyone would know he would.

Is a doctor in the house?

1. Scrub the seat with Westley's Bleach White.
2. If that doesn't work, soak it with this stuff called Fresh Wave. I own a cleaning company and get it in concentrate by the gallon but I think Bed Bath & Beyond sells it. However the odor may be in the foam rubber and not the leather itself, so either try to get under it to spray the foam or....
3. Have the seat cushion foam replaced. I had extra put in the seat of my son's Mustang (previous owner must've been a 300 pounder), upholstery shop only charged be about $40. (new entire cushion for a Mustang was $400 because there are only 12 left in the country)
4. Eat less Mexican food.

Because he farts a lot?:p:

No. He has OCD when it comes to cleaning a car. He is the only person I know of that buys a used Explorer and guts the interior, takes the carpet to a cart wash and pressure washes it. Then uses Q-Tips to clean the vents & every crevice, nook & cranny of the dash, steering wheel, door panels etc.

What Dan said- clean your crevice with a Q-tip. :D

Seriously- this might sound weird, but it's worked for me before- put a bunch of baking soda in a pillow case, and lay it on the seat. Be sure to spread the baking soda across the surface inside the case. Let it sit while you clean your crevice... Charcoal also works for the same purpose. Those are the least invasive processes to try first.

An opened bag of charcoal has taken out all kinds of smells for me in the past, but this isn't one of them.

Wear "Depends" undergarments....soaked in Lysol!

How about Frebreeze? I guess I spelled it right. I can't use it makes my wifes throat swell shut! But that may work.
Stu

How about Frebreeze? I guess I spelled it right. I can't use it makes my wifes throat swell shut! But that may work.
Stu

Hmmm, might have to try that.;)

I tried the Lysol spray on the seat and it worked just fine. Happy

Stu
It's Febreze. You weren't even close.

Excse mee sorrrry i cont spel tooo wel. iz well tri hardre nexxtt tyme.
Stu

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, might have to try that.;)

:D:D:D:D

That is hilarious.

Back to the original topic...if none of the suggestions work, try gasoline. Throw a lit match in for good measure.

Back