• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Leather Kit for Sport Seats???

e21pilot

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
Anyone know where I could get a leather upholstery replacement kit for the stock sport bucket seats in a 1994 XLT? I really like the seats and it would be great to upgrade to leather. If no leather is available, are there any cloth kits out there?

I know the SVO and GT Mustang sport seats with thigh supports from the mid 80are very similar to the Explorer sport seats so perhaps I could make a Mustang kit work.

Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
I would think seats out of any second gen would work. Up to 2001. Try a local wrecking yard.

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
You'll have to match powered or non powered. You can add most any seat, just have to swap the seats tracks. Why do you want leather? Leather sucks.
No one makes stock covers I'm aware of. Your best bets are seats out of another X or bring them to a upholstery shop to get them covered custom.

Wolfie_85

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
I got nice leather seats for mine at a salvage yard. I started with leather, mine were just tore up. Got mine for $25 a pop!