leather seat stain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

leather seat stain

cmk0808

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
i have an 06 EB with tan leather. i got a sain on the front of the driver seat back. I guess its from my belt or pants, shgirt etc. i tried leather cleaner, leather conditioner, and a mix of woolite and water. nothing seems to want to take the stain out. any ideas on what to use? it is really annoying me.

thanks fo the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Believe it or not - try Resolve carpet cleaner. I use that for carpet stains but it also removes grease, dirt, and other stains from leather. The leather in the Explorer is pretty tough so I haven't caused any damage.

Toss some of this into a rag and scrub. Everything comes out. I had a lot of grease from a bicycle that was stuck for 9 months until I got it out with Resolve.

i have an 06 EB with tan leather. i got a sain on the front of the driver seat back. I guess its from my belt or pants, shgirt etc. i tried leather cleaner, leather conditioner, and a mix of woolite and water. nothing seems to want to take the stain out. any ideas on what to use? it is really annoying me.

thanks fo the help.

Try hairspray. Some goofball at the car wash got ballpoint ink stains all over my wife's Sable's camel leather seats. We tried isopropyl alchohol, 409, and leather cleaner. Nothing worked until I read about hairspray. I used my wife's pump hairspray and it worked great! Be careful though, it cleans so well, it'll make the rest of your seat look filthy. A whole cleaning of her seats is in my future.

Chris

This is a pretty harsh thing to use but Brake cleaner will take most anything off. My wife has a pet floor cleaner she uses on stuff that works very well.

Back