• Register Today It's free!

Leather upgrade after purchase

avio07

Reaction score
City, State
A
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Anyone done any katzkin leather upgrades ? I have cloth seats in my XLT and thinking of upgrading to Katzkin leather seating for around $1800 installed locally. Has anyone done anything like this ? I’ve seen others get similar non brand leather seating done for around $1200. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A 'Search' did not come up with any member who installed them. Any covers have to be breathable if the seats are heated and also must not interfere with the side airbags.

Peter

Wish I could have gotten cloth seats with my ST. I think they breathe better and are more comfortable.

I found someone selling the leather off the seats on Platinum 2020 explorer, does anyone know if these can be installed on the XLT?
Wish I could have gotten cloth seats with my ST. I think they breathe better and are more comfortable.
Opposite feelings here, wish I went with cooling seat options for this 100-degree weather lol

I doubt anyone has attempted this so I don't know for sure. You can check out this site. https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...inum--3-0l-v6-gas/body--front-seat-components
That search was done on the Platinum. I don't know if you'd get different results for the XLT or if they are all just 'lumped' together.

Peter
Thanks looks like no one has done this mod, I got a quote from auto upholstery shop locally for $650 installation and $900 for the leather trim. I don’t have heated or cooled seats so might be the first one to try the Katzkin conversion next year on the Ford Explorer XLT. Due to the amount of issues surfacing with the 2020 model might trade in for 2021 with leather upgrade when that’s out and tested for a while.

avio07:

Ford used to have some very comfortable optional seats made by Recaro. They were sold in both Bronco II's and Explorers. I have 2 sets and can confirm that they are the most comfortable perforated leather seats I have ever driven in. The option cost an additional $1,800 for the set. I have only seen them in blue, gray and tan.

avio07:

Ford used to have some very comfortable optional seats made by Recaro. They were sold in both Bronco II's and Explorers. I have 2 sets and can confirm that they are the most comfortable perforated leather seats I have ever driven in. The option cost an additional $1,800 for the set. I have only seen them in blue, gray and tan.

that would be perfect, going to find out if they have anything for 2020. thanks!

I agree. I had leather seats in my 1996 Eddie Bauer and the cloth seats in my 1994 XLT were much more comfortable -- especially in the high desert where I was living at the time. The leather was burning hot in the summer and ice cold in the winter and I slid around on them on twisty mountain roads. I still have the 1994 with 198K and it's holding up well.

Anyone done any katzkin leather upgrades ? I have cloth seats in my XLT and thinking of upgrading to Katzkin leather seating for around $1800 installed locally. Has anyone done anything like this ? I’ve seen others get similar non brand leather seating done for around $1200. Thanks
My buddy had leather put in his new F150 XLT. It was half the cost of leather package from the dealer. I believe it was $900 installed in Gastonia NC.

Attachments

• 18477.jpeg
    18477.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 18478.jpeg
    18478.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 135

Back