LED 3rd brake light for 02-05 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED 3rd brake light for 02-05 Explorer?

i have an 04 explorer xlt and I just recently purchased LED tail lights, and have been searching for an LED 3rd brake light and have yet to find one. anyone know where to get one? if this has already been discussed in another thread, would someone mind pointing me in the right direction? thanks!

also, LED reverse lights? anyone know how to do those or what LED bulbs i should get?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9006
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9005
Parking Light Bulb Size: 3157NALL
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157NALL
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3157LL
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: 2825
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: 9145
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 3156LL
Map Light Bulb Size: 578
Dome Light Bulb Size: 578
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 168
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 578

i have an 04 explorer xlt and I just recently purchased LED tail lights, and have been searching for an LED 3rd brake light and have yet to find one. anyone know where to get one? if this has already been discussed in another thread, would someone mind pointing me in the right direction? thanks!

also, LED reverse lights? anyone know how to do those or what LED bulbs i should get?

hi have you found the led 3rd brake light yet ive been looking forever and can find one also are those just clear corner you have on truck?

Theres most likely not an actual led housing...you can just get LED bulbs like I did. Yes there are also LED reverse lights, look up the bulb number on ebay, for example 3156 LED

hi have you found the led 3rd brake light yet ive been looking forever and can find one also are those just clear corner you have on truck?

no i haven't found the led 3rd brake light. i know a lot of people put led strips in their stock 3rd break light. but i dont wana go that route. looks kinda ****ty to me. but my corners are clear yes. i got them off ebay, head lights and corners together. its hard to find the ones with clear corners and not amber.

no i haven't found the led 3rd brake light. i know a lot of people put led strips in their stock 3rd break light. but i dont wana go that route. looks kinda ****ty to me. but my corners are clear yes. i got them off ebay, head lights and corners together. its hard to find the ones with clear corners and not amber.

yea i deff wouldnt do the strip yea the corners look good i like how yours look like the factory ones but dont have the amber i looked on ebay and couldnt find those ones they have others but look cheesey also have you looked for any other parts like halo projector headlights or a cold air intake besides kand n no one makes a intake that is cheap and would work i have the 6000k hid in mine so i wanted the halo headlights i cant find anything for a 02-05 explorer guess they thought people wouldnt want to hook um up lol

yea i deff wouldnt do the strip yea the corners look good i like how yours look like the factory ones but dont have the amber i looked on ebay and couldnt find those ones they have others but look cheesey also have you looked for any other parts like halo projector headlights or a cold air intake besides kand n no one makes a intake that is cheap and would work i have the 6000k hid in mine so i wanted the halo headlights i cant find anything for a 02-05 explorer guess they thought people wouldnt want to hook um up lol

yeah there were only a couple on ebay when i got mine, i jus searched ebay and couldn't find any, try google. they dont make halo/projector headlights, they do however make halo projector fog lights, which i have. i had a cold air intake on my 02 ex but it doesnt fit the 04 ex. if you have an 02-03 ex and want a k&n cold air intake let me know! i have 10000k HID fog lights and high and low beams.

dont get a cheap ebay intake....you'll regret it. my friends got cheap intakes off ebay for their civics and they blow.

yeah there were only a couple on ebay when i got mine, i jus searched ebay and couldn't find any, try google. they dont make halo/projector headlights, they do however make halo projector fog lights, which i have. i had a cold air intake on my 02 ex but it doesnt fit the 04 ex. if you have an 02-03 ex and want a k&n cold air intake let me know! i have 10000k HID fog lights and high and low beams.

dont get a cheap ebay intake....you'll regret it. my friends got cheap intakes off ebay for their civics and they blow.

hi yea i have an 05 and cant seem to find one anywhere even on google its weird you say your 02 intake didnt work on a 04 it looks exactly the same you have the 4.0l rite? good thing you said that cuz i was going to buy one for a 02-03 ex also are the fogs easy too hhok up the halo do you just put it to a toggle switch?

nice ride

hey ... im off the subject..

but just had a look at carDorm and your X looks great... could you tell me how the groundforce lowering kit handles and how much drop... i realy like the look of a lowered X...

hey guys, sorry it took me so long to reply.

buff.explorerguy: the engines look eactly the same but the MAF is completely different, its hard to explain, but if you had my k&n up next to yours, it wouldnt look right. when i bought my CAI they actually sent me the one for the 04-05 model and it didnt fit my 02.

xdropped22s: thanks! i love the ground force kit! my x handles so much better, theres hardly any body roll, and the ride quality is still pretty dang good. i need to update my car domain pics, theres more done to it now.

hey guys, sorry it took me so long to reply.

buff.explorerguy: the engines look eactly the same but the MAF is completely different, its hard to explain, but if you had my k&n up next to yours, it wouldnt look right. when i bought my CAI they actually sent me the one for the 04-05 model and it didnt fit my 02.

xdropped22s: thanks! i love the ground force kit! my x handles so much better, theres hardly any body roll, and the ride quality is still pretty dang good. i need to update my car domain pics, theres more done to it now.

o thats weird good thing you told me also got another question for you i see your truck has the billet grill upper and lower i want to get them for mine are they hard to install any cutting or drilling?and where did you get yours from?also how does it hold up to the rain or even snow if you get any ? is there any surface rust or it holds up good?

yes it has the billet grill upper and lower, i bought a package off ebay that included both, it was under $200 i believe. no cutting/drilling for the upper one, just has 4 simple screws, very easy. lower is slightly more difficult but not even that bad. took me a couple hours to install both (the directions that it comes with are useless). it has held up great! no paint chips, except where i messed up screwing a screw in. dont get any snow here unless its just flurries, but we get rain, and i havent seen any rust. billet grilles are awesome! mine is black with the front of the billet bars pollished to give it the silvery/chrome look.

Back