LED Back-up reverse lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Back-up reverse lights

I emailed Mormoto & they advised that the LED BULBS 7440: MORIMOTO X-VF are what's needed for backup bulb replacement on our explorers. And I can see why because in addition to the spot LED out the rear of the bulb, they also have LED's on the sides which I would think would make use of the reflector in the housing.

I have not purchased these just yet as $50 for the pair takes some thinking about right now as it looks like the IRS has monies due from us this go around!!!

7440: X-VF LED Virtual Filament Bulbs - Automotive Signal & Brake Bulbs from Morimoto HID

Those are the ones I bought. If you good TRS, you can usually find a discount code floating around out there.

I also got the Festoon 2.0 as well as the T10/194 2.0 bulbs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Between the tinted windows and a very dark area in which I live, I needed more light when in reverse.

I chose these 1700 lumen units from Amazon and it has made a HUGE difference.

41bx0WpHBbL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I have these and they work great! - from Amazon
JDM ASTAR Super Bright AX-2835 Chipsets 912 921 LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White (Only used for backup reverse lights)
Link: http://a.co/auBTqO9
I ordered these and went to install them and they don't fit. At least for a 2019 Explorer they don't. The factory bulb said E2 216 on it and was a very wide bulb. The ones in your link are very narrow and fit loosely in the housing..

Delete

Yeah, I should have done more research. Ya live and ya learn

I ordered these and went to install them and they don't fit. At least for a 2019 Explorer they don't. The factory bulb said E2 216 on it and was a very wide bulb. The ones in your link are very narrow and fit loosely in the housing..
Did you ever find a pair that fit? I’ve got an 18 sport and had the same issue today when I went to install.

Any issue with fitment? The oem bulb had a lip on it to help secure in the housing, and the pair I got from Amazon just flopped around in there unsecured.
They fit in perfectly. I don’t remember having any issues.

Did you ever find a pair that fit? I’ve got an 18 sport and had the same issue today when I went to install.
FYI, the member was last seen April 3, 2020.

Peter

Anyone found a good replacement back-up light bulb for the latest generation of Explorer, the lights that come on when you are in reverse are weak at best.

PB
Does anyone have a photo of what these bright lights look like shining on the driveway or street?
I'm not worried about others seeing me back up, I need to be able to see up my dark driveway at night and the stock reverse lights aren't bright enough...

Does anyone have a photo of what these bright lights look like shining on the driveway or street?
I'm not worried about others seeing me back up, I need to be able to see up my dark driveway at night and the stock reverse lights aren't bright enough...
I took some, will add them later today. The ibrightstar. Definitely brighter

PXL_20211024_031353680.MP.jpg PXL_20211024_031024682.MP.jpg PXL_20211024_023212829.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20211024_031353680.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211024_031353680.MP.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20211024_031024682.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211024_031024682.MP.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 61

What's with those verticle bars?

Not sure lol, my screen is in jail. Maybe the screen refreshes horizontally instead of vertically like a monitor and my phone camera was able to capture it.

Back