LED Fog Lights 07 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Fog Lights 07 Explorer

ZachEB07

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I was looking at LED H10 50watt (I think these are the fog light bulbs) bulbs on amazon for my 07 Ford Explorer. Is it just as simple as switching out the bulbs or is there rewiring involved? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can just switch them out. I had a set of leds in the fog lights and they did not work well they didnt even light up the road. After some research i have learned that in order to get better or equal light as the stock bulbs the led has to be at the same spot in the housing as the filament was in the stock bulbs.

I got a thread going on a 2009 w/AWD question and posted some other stuff.

As for the bulbs if the factory fixture is the same using 9145 (H10) bulb. NOK7626 are plug and play for it. 2500k Hype yellow bulbs I use in 3 other vehicles with their repective number for fit.
Check the OEM list of equivalent types as wattage various with bulb number.
http://mtqinc.com/nokyausa/headlights/hy/hy.php

Note: LED's may be great but if they're not generating heat or enough of it the lens will cover over with ice and slush in the winter. Making them useless. Same goes for headlamps we need the heat in the fixtures. (Canada for sure).

I was looking at LED H10 50watt (I think these are the fog light bulbs) bulbs on amazon for my 07 Ford Explorer. Is it just as simple as switching out the bulbs or is there rewiring involved? Thanks
It's a very easy swap, probably minutes 10 total. Be sure to use high output bulbs, the difference is very noticeable. I went with 90W replacements.

At that level all you're doing is blinding the on coming drive. Do you want him to HIT YOU?
I switched to bright Yellow 2500k Nokya bulbs because yellow works best in all conditions where white does nothing. White light is absorb by wet black pavement, new pavement because it so dark and highly reflected back in heavy snow. Yellow is not and will light up dark area and you are seen a lot better by on coming traffic in the Fog since white will not penetrate a good fog.

At that level all you're doing is blinding the on coming drive. Do you want him to HIT YOU?
I switched to bright Yellow 2500k Nokya bulbs because yellow works best in all conditions where white does nothing. White light is absorb by wet black pavement, new pavement because it so dark and highly reflected back in heavy snow. Yellow is not and will light up dark area and you are seen a lot better by on coming traffic in the Fog since white will not penetrate a good fog.
Remember , this are for fog lights, not for high or low beams. I also replace headlights, but wit lower output models

Also, I am in Puerto Rico, snow is not an issue here, 6,000K is my preferred temperature in terms of how white I want the light to be.

Fine but dark wet pavement white is totally absorbed. 6000k is just entering the UV blue zone although you may not see it. Study the light charts but higher than that gains not lighting only useless blue.

I have replaced all my lights with LED, headlights, fog, switchback turn signals and I love it. I'm using 6,000k headlights and fogs.

Did you have to replace flasher for the signal lights? If an electronic one is used originally this is not needed but most oem's sense current for flash rate.

Did you have to replace flasher for the signal lights? If an electronic one is used originally this is not needed but most oem's sense current for flash rate.[/QUOTE I did
Did you have to replace flasher for the signal lights? If an electronic one is used originally this is not needed but most oem's sense current for flash rate.
Yes I had to install load resistors to prevent hyper flashing on the signals lights

Back