LED in the cupholder | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

LED in the cupholder

So I've talked myself ut of a full length console swap, but now I want to at least add some LED to the short console, in the cupholders, I've seen it done, but not really sure, and I can't seem to find in an action picture, anyone got a close up of the LED installed,, think I'm just gonna go with a single green LEd I have lying around, (have quite a few), then I'm gonna just gonna get an LED holder, and seal it up pretty good, with a green LED on position rocker on the side, and use the rubber inserts if its off and nothing's there.

What does everyone think?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
<

muzzymaniac

Reaction score
City, State
Kent, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer XLT 4.0L
How about putting them in the bottom and dropping a piece of lexan over it? You could put a little clear silicone around the edge to make it easy to clean.

<

<

jchiodo

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
so is it water proof as well?.... I know when your drink condensates will that be a problem??? Love the look man

<

Fordy55

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I did it on my explorer, heres some pics.

fbw8eq.jpg

11gugq8.jpg

<

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
so is it water proof as well?.... I know when your drink condensates will that be a problem??? Love the look man

EL wires are waterproof. Just a dab if silicone where they enter the cup holder seals the cup holder from spills.
Since they are not on the bottom of the holder it really doesnt matter. 5 yrs or so and no problems.

<

jaschlum

Reaction score
City, State
Kenmore , WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
that looks awesome with the water bottles glowing green!

<