LED in the cupholder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED in the cupholder

So I've talked myself ut of a full length console swap, but now I want to at least add some LED to the short console, in the cupholders, I've seen it done, but not really sure, and I can't seem to find in an action picture, anyone got a close up of the LED installed,, think I'm just gonna go with a single green LEd I have lying around, (have quite a few), then I'm gonna just gonna get an LED holder, and seal it up pretty good, with a green LED on position rocker on the side, and use the rubber inserts if its off and nothing's there.

What does everyone think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about putting them in the bottom and dropping a piece of lexan over it? You could put a little clear silicone around the edge to make it easy to clean.

so is it water proof as well?.... I know when your drink condensates will that be a problem??? Love the look man

I did it on my explorer, heres some pics.

fbw8eq.jpg

11gugq8.jpg

so is it water proof as well?.... I know when your drink condensates will that be a problem??? Love the look man

EL wires are waterproof. Just a dab if silicone where they enter the cup holder seals the cup holder from spills.
Since they are not on the bottom of the holder it really doesnt matter. 5 yrs or so and no problems.

that looks awesome with the water bottles glowing green!

Back