• Register Today It's free!

LED instrument panel

OZZY321

Reaction score
City, State
FLORIDA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EXPLORER XLT 4X4
I know this has been covered but I havent had my exact issue addressed. i havae a 2002 explorer xlt 4x4 and looking to do blue instrument panel LEDs. I need the exact amount of what to buy. Very confusing... anyone else done this install? any pics?:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is alot harder then earlier gen explorers as to the bulbs are sodderd into the elctrical board, there not just plug and play bulb, i believe one person has done this and is came out awesome but there is alot of things you need to do in order to get this to work.

I see whatya mean. I just thought it would be a cool little project but had done very little research on my gen (tsk tsk). Any insight would be awesome if anyone has done this

what about something like this?

(dead link)

Thats not bad at all

that would work, but it will only change the dash/gauge color's and everything else would be green(like switches). And i believe this is the only other setup you can go with. And the one down fall to this is all it is a new gauge plate with its own lights that gets placed over or on top of the old dash, it blocks the old dash and lights and needs its own power to run the lights Incorporated in the new gauges

i was leaning more towards the fact that the old light on the older dash would still be on unless u unplugged it and the switch to control the dimmer would be obsolete unless you wired it into there somehow, I wish they could of just made it as easy as the second gen. if that was the case i would have done this as my first mod.

Back