LED interior lights/578's? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED interior lights/578's?

I recently upgraded my license plate lights and puddle lights using www.superbrightled.com's 168 LED bulbs, but I am trying to find ones to replace my interior map lights. According to sylvania, the bulb numbers are 578, but I am having problems cross referncing it with an LED. Is anyone able to help?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Danny,

I have been able to get the front seat map cover off and the rear cargo cover off, all bulbs seem to be the 44mm that you posted. I cannot, however get the second row cover off. I do see that there are 3 bulbs in this housing, are all 3 the 44mm?

How did you get this 2nd row cover off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Danny,

I have been able to get the front seat map cover off and the rear cargo cover off, all bulbs seem to be the 44mm that you posted. I cannot, however get the second row cover off. I do see that there are 3 bulbs in this housing, are all 3 the 44mm?

How did you get this 2nd row cover off?

I can answer this one, since it took me a few minutes to figure it out myself -- you just pull it off. Slip a knife blade or screwdriver between the edge of the plastic cover and the headliner, and just pry it off. It might look like the whole housing is coming out, but by then, you should be able to slip your fingers under the lens and just pull straight down. It's a bit of a pain in the ass since it's on there tight, but it'll pop off just like the cargo lens does.

And yes, the bulbs are all the same, at least on my '05... I assume that it's the same on your truck as well.

hope it worked

Got your message, let me know if BWilliams suggestion didnt work. I beleive he is right but I would have to double check mine since it was a few weeks since I repalced mine. Just be very careful when you are prying anything so you do not scrape any plastic. I always start with the thinnest knife I can then go from there. It should be pretty easy. Again, let me know if it doesnt work and I will revisit mine.

Thanks for the reply guys. I will give this a shot when I get home tonight.

Got home and just popped off the 2nd row cover just as Brad suggested. Thanks for jumping in Brad!!!

Danny, I did have a question for you though. Which wedge LED did you go with in the puddle and license plate? There are several 168's to choose from with wide and narrow angles. I was leaning towards the WLED 6-LED bulb, but wondered if you went with the WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb.

Back