LED Mirror replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Mirror replacement

bowkillrus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer xlt
I need advice on replacing the LED on my mirror. Purchased the part (#BB57-13B374-A). Looking for any information on how to remove the old part.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need advice on replacing the LED on my mirror. Purchased the part (#BB57-13B374-A). Looking for any information on how to remove the old part.
Thanks
Welcome to the Forum bowkillrus.:wavey:
If the original stopped working, it should be covered under warranty and the dealer should replace it.
However, if you want to do it yourself I have read posts on it in the 'Modified' forum but it seems the use of a dremmel tool was required.

Peter

It still works but someone hit it cracking the lens. New one has a screw hole bracket attached to it but I am not sure how to open the mirror(remove the glass) to access the screw..

It still works but someone hit it cracking the lens. New one has a screw hole bracket attached to it but I am not sure how to open the mirror(remove the glass) to access the screw..
I'll move your thread to the 'Modified' forum. Perhaps the members there can give you some assistance.

Peter

You referring to the turn signal light or puddle light? Your side exterior mirrors correct?

You referring to the turn signal light or puddle light? Your side exterior mirrors correct?
The part number refers to the signal light strip.

Peter

Back