LED strip not working when tried to hardwire it in | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED strip not working when tried to hardwire it in

hey guys,

so I got a LED strip that connected to my 4 pin trailer adapter for my running lights, turn signals, brake lights and reverse lights. The reverse lights had to be wired directly into the wire that went into the reverse lights but the rest ran off of the 4 pin connector.

Last winter in Ohio destroyed the connectors and I started having issues with the lights all working so I decided I would just hard wire them in. I clipped the connectors off of the LED strip and also the connector that came out of the truck. I ended up blowing a fuse for my turn signals (which has now been replaced and working fine) but the LED strip won't work still. I attached the wires to one another based on how the 4 pins lined up but wasn't getting anything... and my turn signals would actually stop working when I hit the brakes so I have pulled them apart for the time being. I feel like the only way to get the LED strip working may be to wire everything into the taillights directly, but I was hoping to be able to continue using the wiring from the tow wires. Am I out of luck there now that I cut them? Should I just wire them into the taillights? THanks!

Check for a separate fuse for your trailer harness. I don't remember if it's separate from the tail and turn signal fuses. Good luck with it!

Back