Left rear brake/turn signal not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Left rear brake/turn signal not working

j-rad

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I sent my 2001 Explorer Sport out for an interior detail yesterday and when I got it back, the blinker was blinking fast when I was signaling to go left, so naturally, I thought I had a burnt out bulb in the front or rear. The front left turn signal light was blinking fast and the back left was not on--so I replaced the rear bulb (which didn't look burned out). Still not working. So I replaced the fuse (7.5A) and it is still not working. Any ideas what this could be? The right side turn signals work fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wiring at the multifunction switch, try tilting the steering wheel all the way to the top and see if it now works. The tabs that hold the wires in at the mf switch break and let the wires pull out.

swap the sockets, they go bad at times. use the rh socket on the left hand side.

Wiring at the multifunction switch, try tilting the steering wheel all the way to the top and see if it now works. The tabs that hold the wires in at the mf switch break and let the wires pull out.

Bingo!!!
When the EX was dropped back off to me the wheel was tilted down. I can't believe I didn't remember since I had a problem about 4 years ago with the OD off switch not working because of the same issue. I just told myself to never lower the wheel. When I got in to drive the ex yesterday I raised the wheel back up, but was apparently one notch from the top.
Thanks for your input. Saved me a bunch of headaches----

Sweet, glad I could help!

Back