• Register Today It's free!

Legit 5.0 Water Pump Bolts

jordansypek

Reaction score
City, State
New Britain, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0 AWD
Well I broke a bolt in the block, and stripped one. Ford doesn't have them, Ro-Brand(huge misc bolt supplier out here doesnt have them) No hardware stores have them. Autoparts store wants to sell me the Help 23744 kit. Then I ordered a kit online a "DORMAN" kit and they sent me the same exact Help kit at double the price. As you can see in the attached photo, these bolts arent going to work. I'm at the point of getting threaded rod the length I need, and having nuts welded onto them, because I can't find these f'rs anywhere. Can anybody help me out? I will pay, including shipping, have Paypal on deck ready to go. Whatever I need to do to get these bolts, I will do, I just need two of these damn bolts. Any advice or pointers on where to locate them would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 912

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I broke a bolt in the block, and stripped one. Ford doesn't have them, Ro-Brand(huge misc bolt supplier out here doesnt have them) No hardware stores have them. Autoparts store wants to sell me the Help 23744 kit. Then I ordered a kit online a "DORMAN" kit and they sent me the same exact Help kit at double the price. As you can see in the attached photo, these bolts arent going to work. I'm at the point of getting threaded rod the length I need, and having nuts welded onto them, because I can't find these f'rs anywhere. Can anybody help me out? I will pay, including shipping, have Paypal on deck ready to go. Whatever I need to do to get these bolts, I will do, I just need two of these damn bolts. Any advice or pointers on where to locate them would be much appreciated.

94/95 mustang ones are the same length. I have some I got off eBay since mine were all rusty.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=161024210857&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=68565069483

Ok, don't make fun of me. But don't I need the two with the threaded ends for my front accessories?

Your good. I don't recall anything being bolted to the waterpump. Think the threaded ends may hold wires in place with little clips or somming. Mine may have long ago. I've had the motor out so many times I can't remember.

Oh, in that case.... Thanks bud!

If it were me, I'd take that long bolt in the kit and run the right thread die up it to near the same point and cut it to the proper length. Maybe round the corner a bit on the grinder after you cut it.

Back