For Sale - Less 37k 1992 Explorer Sport (1 of 1) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Less 37k 1992 Explorer Sport (1 of 1)

scottydean

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport
$8,400

This is a 1992 Ford Explorer Sport with a 3.73 rear axle. This is a one owner vehicle. My Dad worked for Ford and helped me order this vehicle when I got out of high school. He had his friends at Kentucky Truck Plant (which at that time built the Explorer) follow the vehicle down the line from start to finish.

This vehicle has always been stored inside a garage and is covered with a California Car cover. There is no rust, it has not seen winter or salt, and has only been caught in the rain a few times. I polish and wax it typically three times per year.

This Explorer has been my baby since 1992 and I have loved owning it and it has been a pleasure. The time in my life has come where I am going to marry and responsibilities and life will change which is why I am offering it for sale. Ideally I would like to see someone who is an enthusiast purchase it who will care for it.

Explorer1.JPG

Explorer2.jpg

Explorer4.png

Explorer5.jpg

Explorer6.jpe

Explorer9.jpg

Explorer4.png

Explorer10.jpg

Explorer8.jpg

Explorer13.jpg

Explorer7.jpe

Explorer17.jpg

Explorer12.jpg

Explorer16.jpg

Explorer15.jpg

Explorer3.jpg

Exploer8.jpg

Explorer18.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What a great looking 1st Gen! Best of luck with the sale.:chug:

I forgot to mention that I have a new Noah model California Car cover still in the box from years ago as a spare. Here is a picture of my current Noah California cover (so I have the one currently on vehicle plus a new one never used still in box) which are included. These are custom covers with pockets for mirrors and fitted around vehicle.

Explorer cover.jpg

I hope you find a buyer as conscientious as you. This could be a museum piece!

You might do well with this car on Bring a Trailer at auction. Look around on there and you will see a bunch of vintage type American SUV's are going for stupid money.

Is it still for sale. I had a black 1992 2 door manual when I was in the army in FT Benning GA and I miss it very much. I should of never of traded it in. Anyway. I have cash. If you sold it let me know who bought it so I can make him a offer.

Back