• Register Today It's free!

Let the Custom Fab Begin!

xshift28x

Reaction score
City, State
Katy, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
So after weeks and weeks of searching I've finally decided to fab up my own light bar with 3 mounts similar to the rusty's off road model. I'll posts some pics when its done and possibly fab some up for anyone who wants one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"custom" brah.. "custom" :p:

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Gonna go something like this style

teps-bedliner-window-visors-full-20-tinted-windows.jpg

What year Explorer?

I'm planning on making one like this for my Superduty.

spideraccessories_2142_91770785

2001 explorer....if the two front bumper mounts are the same which they should be it should fit a 95-01

2nd item up for fab....3 compartment rear storage bin for tool kit, emergency kit, and tow straps and shackles...

3rd item up for fab.....bolt in front tow hooks....no bumper cutting...

which one the tow hooks, light bar, or storage bin?

yeah i'm a jerk.
the light bar.
cant find a decent one for xploder

3rd item up for fab.....bolt in front tow hooks....no bumper cutting...

would these go under the bumper or through the lower grill? also any pics on the progress so far?

You should most definitely post pictures of what you got, or link me to them!

I've been busy all week working on my final project for my master's degree so I haven't even been into the shop....I finished up fab last week on a roof mounted light bar for my buddy's 2008 xterra. The light bar will mount using the two bumper bolts that you can see through the lower grille opening and the top of the bar will be the same height as the top of the bumper. I'm hoping to knock it out on Monday and I will post pictures then.

time to subscribe to this one and see how it goes.

new ideas! I love new ideas!

sounds cool. ready for some pix :)

99 mercury mountaineer 5.5 inches of lift

hey what did you do for the upper control arms mine lean down so much it is couseing negative camber

Update: Been super swamped at work the last couple of weeks so I haven't really had a chance to work on the light bar. Got back on it today and I'm doing a bit of a redesign, hopefully I will have pictures up by Friday...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribing....................:popcorn:

Back