Let the mods begin | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let the mods begin

Looking very good, are you going to remove the front plate bracket? I still haven't got my handles wrapped or overlays installed, otherwise we are looking very similar.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, can you take a picture more square on of the back showing the exhaust a little better. Random, I know, but I installed my Magnaflow and can't remember for the life of me remember how well the stock exhaust lined up.

Thanks! I'll snap a few rear pics once I get home tonight. I am going to remove the front bracket once I can get my hands on some fasteners to cover it up. How are you liking the magnaflow? Do you also have an intake system?

Yeah, I have the Airaid dry flow intake, I like the exhaust, however, I got the initial version which required modification to the exhaust bracket. This is why I am questioning the fitment, I know the side I modified fits perfectly, but from the tops of what I can see on yours, maybe I made it too perfect instead of having it not centered. I appreciated you taking the pictures, once mine is done and the snow dries up so I can give it a decent cleaning, I'll snap some pictures.

Here you go. Did you need the angle lower? Also, how do you like that intake? Was thinking about the Injen one, but waiting for someone to post a sound bite. The wife doesn't want anything too "loud"
da039c6f-c1b9-4a0d-8587-0a34c00c2941.jpg

I like the sound of it, I also like how it is sectioned off from the rest of the engine bay. It's not overly loud, if you have the windows down and step into it, you will notice it is there, otherwise its not intolerable. My wife doesn't mind the sound.

also, that angle is fine, thank you for posting.

Here you go. Did you need the angle lower? Also, how do you like that intake? Was thinking about the Injen one, but waiting for someone to post a sound bite. The wife doesn't want anything too "loud"
da039c6f-c1b9-4a0d-8587-0a34c00c2941.jpg

from the looks of the car next to you 'someone' likes to take up more than their side like at my house :eek:

I have a superduty and she feels she needs the room more than I :) :)

I may get squeezed out into the third garage pretty soon ! but where will we put all her 'stuff' ?

Fresh wax. Dedadged the hood, tinted the amber in the headlight, full front end clear bra, and plastidipped the red reflectors on the rear lower valence. Next up is a drop, tune, CAI.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

ce8a154a-7b84-4adc-907f-37a837937429.jpg

Black DMB Gel overlays ( not pictured: black steering wheel overlay)
photo1.jpg

8eb17a8b-daac-4faa-a87d-a317ea5f67d6.jpg

Tail end
photo-2.jpg

in this picture, were your handles already wrapped, or were they plastidipped?

Plastidipped. Actually still are. I found that they hold up really well when you lay vinyl on the backside of the handle where it sees the most wear and tear from openeing. It kinda seals the edges of the plastidip.

Back