Lets get another BIG California run going! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets get another BIG California run going!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Sence there's not much really going on I though we should maybe plan another big run. This is what I'm thinking...

When:Weekend run (ie...tents and stuff) Maybe Labor day weekend or something.

Where Big Bear, T-haven (kinda Hot) or there's another Idea..(evil laugh)

Lets go BIG! We do a So. Cal + Nor Cal run. I got my new Nor Cal back roads book I was think near Fresno. Here is what I found...

This is the Shaver Lake Area. There's some for all. There Easy. Moderate, and Difficult, Including # 65 on the Map. The Dusy : one level short of Rubicon :eek:
12287Shaver_Lake_area-med.jpg

Well what do you guys think? :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am watching this thread :) I leave myself in your guys capable hands, once again because I still get lost out here easy :)

I'd like to run the Dusy, but its a tough trail.

I'm up for anything in the mountains:D

Ok Stic-o, you have a few peoples attention. So when we going???

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: will dropped streeters be allowed to attend on the flat, clean, dry, easy stuff, we could be beer supply vehicals

Okay Stic-o,
you're planning this big trip and you better be committed this time! lol...I need to get my bobbed bed project finished as well as a couple other mods before I'll be ready for the next outting.

DB_1 said:
Okay Stic-o,
you're planning this big trip and you better be committed this time! lol...I need to get my bobbed bed project finished as well as a couple other mods before I'll be ready for the next outting.

I have 33's that have never seen dirt...:(

Only problem is I never been there, so I hope some one else has :rolleyes: If not we'll have to do a pre-run.

I just wanted to get another big run going...like T-haven size! :bounce:
I though this would be good cause we could all of Cali. in on it. .....and I got Rick's intrest. :p

spindlecone said:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: will dropped streeters be allowed to attend on the flat, clean, dry, easy stuff, we could be beer supply vehicals

Yea, is their going to be an area for us to go and hang out at this event?

We do a lot of camping up there past huntington lake. I have walked part of the Dusy and it looked tough.

I found some pics of DUSY...Looks like a blast!

Some guys photos..don't know who.

This Explorer made it......Sord of :rolleyes:

tn_07260042_JPG.jpg

Stic-o you have a link to the site you were checkin out?

Looks like sliders will be a requirement from the size of the boulders on the trail, and that explorer's body.

Yall have a great time, as it turns out I have a class that weekend

spindlecone said:
Yall have a great time, as it turns out I have a class that weekend

We haven't even set a date yet??? :rolleyes:

Fully understand, looks like it could be dusty there, and maybe some mud, and I think since it is the wilderness perhaps bird droppings, keep me posted on the date:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

106 pages of family photos? Any wheeling shots in there??

Back