Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

backwall or white letter?

• Total voters
I personally like the look of the raised white lettering

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the white lettering looks good, white wall, no.

I just thought I would explain the way I see it a little more...if they are oversized tires on a lifted truck, I think the white out looks best. If, say, it is on a car, or a lowered X, I think the black out looks best.

found my pic.. yay!

Just did a (very) quick and dirty photochop of having the black lettering out, since this one looks similar to yours will (black X with the cregers)
1111111ql0copy.jpg

Edit: Thinking, why are you doing what other people looks best? The real question is, what do you like? It's great to hear our opinions and such, but shouldn't you do what you like best, even if it disagrees with what we all say? After all, it is your truck.

I voted black out....

If you have nice tires with the brand showing its like advertising.... For some idiot to steal them....

At least if they are blacked then you wont see "EXPENSIVE TIRE HERE" from a mile away....

Just a thought!

Just did a (very) quick and dirty photochop of having the black lettering out, since this one looks similar to yours will (black X with the cregers)
1111111ql0copy.jpg

Edit: Thinking, why are you doing what other people looks best? The real question is, what do you like? It's great to hear our opinions and such, but shouldn't you do what you like best, even if it disagrees with what we all say? After all, it is your truck.

Both of these pics to me look awesome! I have to say this truck is killer! I am going for the same look, but not so radical. It will be my daily driver, and it wont be as high. :cool:

Charlie, I happen to like "both" ways! It looks good either way! I think that this poll is a fun way to decide for my undecided brain. This poll will tell a lot about our fellow X er's! I am having a blast reading what you all have to say!
Carry on:salute:

I think that you will find that the raised white letters looks good in "still mode" but that they give a "broad white wall look" when moving which I don't think adds anything to your vehicle. We have "blacks" of the ex and "raised letter" on the escape (baby ex:-)), and the raised letter appear to make the escape bigger (ie. "monster truck). I am with you though, I don't mind them either way other than the "extra cleaning" it takes to keep them white.

OH AND HEY GUYS IDK IF ANY OF YOU NOTICED, my wheel weights are giant, and unpainted in the photo, ive taken care of that with some nice gloss paint to match the rims :D :p:

Like the black walls out but hate the white letters showing from the inside. Blacked mine out with grease paint. Camaro has white letters out. Its your choice.

Any time I wash my truck I clean the letters so its part of the norm I guess...So I vote white walls out!:confused:

....I vote black out on offroad vehicles...You tend to chew the raised white letters off and there is no cleaning them...:thumbsup:

2589242290089462589frmznd5.jpg

attachmentgf7.jpg

...And if you have a slick black vehicle, the white letters would take away from the bling...:D

exttrim005og8.jpg

EDIT:...I just noticed you just joined, and you are already an "Elite Member"...My hats off to you...:salute:

tbars4,
I just wanted to give back something for all the help I have so graciously received! In the last few weeks, I have saved more $ from everybody's help, from trouble shooting and doing repairs myself, than the small cost of membership! Very happy to join!

Those are some sick pics! Where were you in those shots? Did the paint survive that trip?

When i bought my 91 it had the white letters out and i hated it glad when i took then off
so yea i vote for black out.

I like mine out cuz they say 'DICK' Cepek. ;)

I don't advertise for free! So black out for me! Besides it looks cleaner.

I vote black out, I like the monochromatic scheme:
DSCF0082.jpg

Patrick, for what I've heard if your balancing weights are that big, the tire needs to be rotated in the rim, right now the tire and the rim's heavy side are on the same spot, so turning the wheel around might help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my 06 my Goodyears are white out i feel it makes it look more official.:thumbsup:

Back