• Register Today It's free!

lets see some pics of your 01's

uchi

Reaction score
City, State
niagara falls ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
im looking for ideas on what to do with my 01. i wanna keep it my dd but id like to occasionally do some very mild wheeling with it. so id like to see what you guys have done to yours to help give me some ideas of whats available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Poor mans lift and some 31"s? Maybe a roof rack and some lights.

i was thinking of doing a shackle in the rear jut to leve the truck out a bit and some 31 inch at's. roof rack lights are ok looking but not my cup of tea i think. i do however like this look here.

027.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

Heres my DD beast. 3in BL, TT and shackels. 33x10.5 BFG ATs. Ill have the snorkel and hitch installed this weekend. Currently finishing up the front winch plate.

i used to on my old computer but i got a newer comp so i dont got any sound clips but eventually i will get a sound clip

Poor mans lift and some 31"s? Maybe a roof rack and some lights.

that'll get you through some basic trails and a little mud, the "poor man's lift" is known around here as a torsion twist, a lot of nissan guys use that PML term. So you can do that (free) with some shackles ( i think mine were about $60) to get 1-2" of lift and plenty of room for 31s.

Also, I don't think sam will ever get around to posting that new sound clip, so don't get your hopes up.

i just need to ask my friend when he has time then i can get a sound clip

uchi that is one bad ass sport i really like it

i was trying to find a sport in that color and i couldnt find one.

Sam do you have a sound clip yet?

that wasnt mine in the pic i posted, im jsut a fan of the fog lamp idea and im wondering what he attached them to. almost looking like he might have made a bracket off the tow hooks.

mines a black 01.
DSC02790.jpg

what are the setbacks to the tt? i havent played with torsion suspension in so long i cant remember. but with raising the vehicle itll pull the wheels in a little closer and mess with the camber a bit right? also doesnt it stiffen the ride alot?

ive noticed one thing about the sports. ford used some really nice colors for them. other than your basic colors they used some nice greens and reds and such. shame the truck had such a short run

nice x u got there unchi

uchi u plan on doing some other mods to it.

thinking about it. im toying with the idea of turning it into a dual purpose vehicle, for mild wheeling and daily driving, but im on the fence about it. i dont wanna sacrifice reliability and fuel economy for a little bit of fun, at the same time id like to get another rig and just beat on it and flat tow it behind the x if i need to. so i dunno, not sure, lighting right now is a priority. i did the fog light mod the other day and put in some silverstar ultras into it to start and id like to get a nice set of daylighters like the green x has and mount them around the same area. i think it look fantastic with them mounted there. other than that who knows. :) got too many toys right now, got the stang, my atv, a norco cross country bike and i bought a norco downhill bike last year thats never been outside of my closet, lol. just lack time for all the toys right now.

thinking about it. im toying with the idea of turning it into a dual purpose vehicle, for mild wheeling and daily driving, but im on the fence about it. i dont wanna sacrifice reliability and fuel economy for a little bit of fun, at the same time id like to get another rig and just beat on it and flat tow it behind the x if i need to. so i dunno, not sure, lighting right now is a priority. i did the fog light mod the other day and put in some silverstar ultras into it to start and id like to get a nice set of daylighters like the green x has and mount them around the same area. i think it look fantastic with them mounted there. other than that who knows. :) got too many toys right now, got the stang, my atv, a norco cross country bike and i bought a norco downhill bike last year thats never been outside of my closet, lol. just lack time for all the toys right now.

buy an old jeep...i hear that's pretty fun...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back