lets see some pics of your 01's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lets see some pics of your 01's

buy an old jeep...i hear that's pretty fun...

uh no, lol. i run an offroad site, been wheeling for many years. a jeep is the last thing id ever wheel. ive had my share of fun trucks.

83 ranger, 5 inch skyjacker lift and 38.5x15 gumbo rubber.

rocks.jpg

had an 88 bronco 2 on 31's which i have no pics of.

a 1980 3/4 ton chev with a 4 inch lift on 36's.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

and my last toy was an 87 toyota truck on 35's.
Dec20_0002.jpg

Dec20_0001.jpg

if i buy a jeep its cause it was cheap and scrap is high, haha. seriously though, my next project is gonna be either a samurai or a tracker i think :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 01 XLT. not sure if the tires are factory size but i think they are. all stock except for intake and some sound inside.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3182521

i like your sat radio placement there. ive been thinking of getting something similar but i think i might just splurge and get a 2 din screen with sat radio and gps and all the goodies. how much work was it to make the filler panel?

like anything if i were to do another one, it would be A LOT easier. in total with all the experementing and trial and error i probably spent about 15 hrs start to finish on the whole project (spread that over about 2 weeks though). i'll post some more pics to show business end of it.

Awesome!

Finally, the '01 Sports of the world unite!

In addition to fixing things on my Sport (ball joints, brake rotors, calipers, etc...) I've also put on 4-door leaf springs (last weekend-no pics on that yet), Shackles, 31x10.5 ATs, and done the TT. Here's my vehicle (so far...). It's my daily driver, and still great for the trails--I got stuck less than my buddy in his new J**p. :)

DSCN1502.jpg

DSCN1626.jpg

Here's my '01 Sport. Mods in my sig. 33s, TT, F150 rear leaves, blah,blah.
2440736_16_full.jpg

There's a 5.0L engine in the back of the X in this pic. There is also a jack, jack stands, 2 tool boxes, a creeper, and the rest of the stuff I used to pull the 5.0 out of my Mustang in the parking lot at work. No trailer used. Total PITA to do by myself...wouldn't recommend it. LOL
2440736_17_full.jpg

This was in my back yard before final grading was done in my yard...and the X had 32s.
2440736_14_full.jpg

This afternoon in my garage. New engine should go in tomorrow after work.
2440736_18_full.jpg

like anything if i were to do another one, it would be A LOT easier. in total with all the experementing and trial and error i probably spent about 15 hrs start to finish on the whole project (spread that over about 2 weeks though). i'll post some more pics to show business end of it.

damn thats a long time, ill just sink it into something or mount it on an angle against the front of the console if i go that route :)

phil the x looks good man. whats the benefit of doing a 4 doof leaf pack upgrade? also how did you find your fuel economy after doing the lift and putting on the at's?

mike, the truck looks like it can carry a load man, i put 8 cases of water that were 20 bottles per case and they squated my ass end a couple inches. lol. truck looks good, what kinda gas milage you get with it? im trying to get an idea of what you guys are getting with the lifted and larger tired vehicles. i get right about 20 mpg mostly hiway driving. and im very easy on it to get it that high

Mike how wide of tire are you running? And how do you like the Nitto's?

I took it on an 800 mile trip, filled almost to the roof inside including 2 mountain bikes, luggage for a week, etc. We averaged 20 mpg overall. We had the cruise set at 73-74mph on the freeway, and drove how I usually do in the city....not slow, lol. I normally get around 16 mostly city.

My stock springs squatted really badly with nothing in the truck.:(

With the heavy duty springs, I've had 1500#s of landscaping blocks inside the back. It squatted less than an inch. The ride is stiff with these springs, but not uncomfortable.

The tires are around 11.25"-11.5" wide. The Nittos are good tires, but I liked my previous Revos better. Much better performance in all conditions. Wore out fairly quickly though. These Nittos still look like new after a year, while the Revos only lasted a year. BTW, the 33s fit with no trimming required at all.

i like your sat radio placement there. ive been thinking of getting something similar but i think i might just splurge and get a 2 din screen with sat radio and gps and all the goodies. how much work was it to make the filler panel?

ok, just updated the page with my most recent pics and some info. :eek:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3182521

damn thats a long time, ill just sink it into something or mount it on an angle against the front of the console if i go that route :)

it is not an accurate time though. getting called away every 20 min by the other half doesn't help with ones pace. i changed my mind a number of times on what i was acutally going to do while trying to figure out how to do it. i have never done anything like this so i spent a lot of time on-line doing research on what i could do and where to find and what products to use. if i did it again without changing any part of the design i would probably only spend a couple of hours plus the drying times. definatly could be done in a weekend, including all the wiring, once you have all the details worked out.

Heres mine on 35s with about 2600 into it (BL, SuperLift, Tires, rims)

Attachments

• 0_0_0_0_527_393_csupload_386576.jpg
    0_0_0_0_527_393_csupload_386576.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 365
  • l_49d7be55822547aa146abe8965237bec.jpg
    l_49d7be55822547aa146abe8965237bec.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 385

^best looking 2nd (3rd?) gen sport on the site. did you install the superlift yourself?

it is not an accurate time though. getting called away every 20 min by the other half doesn't help with ones pace. i changed my mind a number of times on what i was acutally going to do while trying to figure out how to do it. i have never done anything like this so i spent a lot of time on-line doing research on what i could do and where to find and what products to use. if i did it again without changing any part of the design i would probably only spend a couple of hours plus the drying times. definatly could be done in a weekend, including all the wiring, once you have all the details worked out.

did you use the fm tuner or did you somehow hardwire it into the factory radio?

I took it on an 800 mile trip, filled almost to the roof inside including 2 mountain bikes, luggage for a week, etc. We averaged 20 mpg overall. We had the cruise set at 73-74mph on the freeway, and drove how I usually do in the city....not slow, lol. I normally get around 16 mostly city.

My stock springs squatted really badly with nothing in the truck.:(

With the heavy duty springs, I've had 1500#s of landscaping blocks inside the back. It squatted less than an inch. The ride is stiff with these springs, but not uncomfortable.

The tires are around 11.25"-11.5" wide. The Nittos are good tires, but I liked my previous Revos better. Much better performance in all conditions. Wore out fairly quickly though. These Nittos still look like new after a year, while the Revos only lasted a year. BTW, the 33s fit with no trimming required at all.

thats what i like to hear. how much work are the f150 springs to put in and if i go that route what year and style should i look for? i was thinking of just doing an add a leaf, get a bit of a raise in the ass and stiffen it at the same time.

01export, your truck looks huge man, haha. i love it. is it your dd?also when you lift that high are you still able to use stock driveshafts or do you need to get them extended?

phil the x looks good man. whats the benefit of doing a 4 doof leaf pack upgrade? also how did you find your fuel economy after doing the lift and putting on the at's?

The 4-Door leaf pack (and shackles) fix the infamous "squat" that happens when the leaf springs get old. The leafs from the 4-door are beefier than the ones on the sport, so you get about 1" of lift off the swap and an increased carrying capacity, even if the leafs are used.

The lift itself didn't change my fuel economy in any noticable way. The tires dropped my highway mileage from about 22 MPG to just under 20 MPG, so not too bad.

I wheeled my '01 (not a sport though...) quite a bit on a TT, shackles, 31's and a rear locker. Worked pretty good for what it was...

4156Downhill.jpg

did you use the fm tuner or did you somehow hardwire it into the factory radio?
yes i did use the fm tuner. there is a wired fm modulator you can get that is like a 2 way input splitter.

http://shop.siriuscanada.ca/edealin...atParentID=16689&scId=43150&userLangISO=en_US

no need to find open channel. just set the station and away you go. has worked great for me.

for the record. i like my stuff to be perfect and not looked slapped together. i did a lot of work on this project that ended up being filed under g because it wasn't what i wanted or just didn't look right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats what i like to hear. how much work are the f150 springs to put in and if i go that route what year and style should i look for? i was thinking of just doing an add a leaf, get a bit of a raise in the ass and stiffen it at the same time.

The F150 swap is about the same work as an add-a-leaf kit. Resulting lift is about the same too. I bought the leaf packs new from Eaton Detroit Springs. Everything you need to know is in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101035

Would be alot cheaper to buy used parts. I just wanted to be positive there was no sag, so I bought new.

Back