Lets see your backspacing! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see your backspacing!

[I'm specifically looking for 15x8 rims, 31" tires] (If you have larger, that's fine too..)

Tell your Tire Size, Rim Size and Backspacing.. I'm trying to see the differences in how far the rims stick out..

[This is actually an exact copy of a thread on RangerForum.. Thought it was a good idea.. I'm going to be getting new rims soon and I'm trying to decide on back spacing..]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well not 15x8, they are 15x10 with 2.5 backspacing...32x11.5 tires. sorry its a first gen but im bored :)

explorerwithlights2.jpg

Anyone else?

I need to specifically see, 3.75BS, 3.31BS and 4.00BS... Preferably with 15x8 and 31x10.50x15's....... =\

There's not a single other person?........

heres my 15x8 us wheel daytonas w/ 31/10.50 kuhmo's w/ 4" bs'
DCP_1691.jpg

DCP_1692.jpg

DCP_1600.jpg

I see no picture?

really, what is there?

Nvm.

Anyone else have pictures & specs?
[Thanks for contributing]

I'll grab a picture tonight when I get home from work if it's not raining. I drove my 'Stang toady seeing as I currently have no interior in my Ex, so it's kinda undrivable.

I'm running 15x8" Crager Soft 8 rims that have 4" of backspace. My tires are 31x10.50" BFGoodrich AT K/Os.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

Anyone have 3.75BS with 15x8 31x10.5? Or 3.31BS? Or 3.25BS?

Does anyone have anymore pictures/specs???

Okay I just can't figure this out.. it's just not working right in my head... lol..

Going from 15x7 rims with 4.5BS to 15x8 rims with 3.75BS... will they stick out more than the 15x7's? Or will they be the same? Just wider? =\... WTF... this is simple ****.. the measurements just aren't making sense in my head...

Someone said it'll stick out more .25?? Is that true? That's not even noticeable, is it?

I've read this.
I'm very very bad at math and measurements.. I'm completely retarded with it all... lol...

Alright, thanks.. Hopefully it won't rub... would it help if I took pictures of how close the tire comes to the running board and bumper on turns?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It'll look similar, they have weird fender flares and their beds are kinda weird on some models, but come on.. what was the harm in seeing what different specs would look like on an Explorer? There's this one mounty somewhere on this forum, they come out pretty far.. looks badass for a street machine.. Anyways... there's no harm in getting some cool pics from Explorer and Mounty owners.. on an ExplorerForum..

Back