Let's Talk Guns! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's Talk Guns!

Sgworks and it runs about $200

~Mark

sgworks looks all back ordered. This site has some stuff: http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html

I could buy an sks and shoot it as is for a while, as it is a cool gun, and down the road get the bullpup. I see a lot of people "hate" the idea of the bullpup. I think it is pretty cool.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The pic I posted is a paratrooper version SKS. That means shorter barrel than the typical one. The typical one will have the barrel stick out even farther.

Not all bullpups conversions are the same. Some are pretty bad. This one works great. BTW.. if your left handed, you won't want it but for a righty the brass doesn't hit you in the face.

~Mark

The pic I posted is a paratrooper version SKS. That means shorter barrel than the typical one. The typical one will have the barrel stick out even farther.

Not all bullpups conversions are the same. Some are pretty bad. This one works great. BTW.. if your left handed, you won't want it but for a righty the brass doesn't hit you in the face.

~Mark

Yea I would research more before buying something like that. The cheaper sks that is easier to find is the yugoslavian model, with, like you said, the longer barrel, no concern to me really. I'm a righty so all is good there. This is something that I will keep in mind, especially because its something I can do in stages, and its unique and customizable.

I'm still waiting on the paperwork to clear for my first gun, should be able to pick it up middle of next week. It's a Rohm R23 .22 revolver w/ single and double action. Yeah yeah, I know, its a cheap gun, and I probably paid too much for it, but I don't have a lot of money and really want to get into shooting. I'm unsure as to the best ammo is to use with it, but I've heard R23s REALLY hate cheap ammo.

Quick question: does 22LR mean that it takes .22 long rifle rounds?

I'm still waiting on the paperwork to clear for my first gun, should be able to pick it up middle of next week. It's a Rohm R23 .22 revolver w/ single and double action. Yeah yeah, I know, its a cheap gun, and I probably paid too much for it, but I don't have a lot of money and really want to get into shooting. I'm unsure as to the best ammo is to use with it, but I've heard R23s REALLY hate cheap ammo.

Quick question: does 22LR mean that it takes .22 long rifle rounds?

22LR is means just as you said, 22 Long Rifle. I've found that CCI has some of the best 22 cartridges out there, but the federals I bought from cabelas weren't too bad either. CCIs are definitely more money, but I've never had a a dud from them. You should be fine with standard bulk ammo such as the Federal I mentioned. The I used to have issues with Remington bulk years ago though.

Dan

My turn...

Dan,

I finally pulled the trigger (pun heartily intended) on my SR9C.

I know it looks just like yours but here it is:

IMG_0579.jpg

And here is my whole collection:

IMG_0577.jpg

Top to bottom it is my Bersa 22LR handgun (top left), my new SR9C 9mm, my left handed bolt action Savage 22 (lots of fun for target shooting), a 22 M-16 22-a (made to look somewhat like an M-16, fun to throw lots of rounds through), and my Winchester model 1200 12ga.

And here are my and some friends of mine. My buddy has an AK-47 that is loads of fun to shoot too but you can't make it out in this picture (pointed straight at the camera). And we had the camera on a timer so we're not actually pointing any guns at anybody.

theboys.jpg

The I used to have issues with Remington bulk years ago though.

Dan

I have a ton of Remington that i shoot through my savage arms .22. That's all its ever been fed. I don't recall ever having an issue besides random ejection issues, but that is the guns fault, as my friend has the same gun with the same issue. The ammo says "thunderbolt" on the box. Its just the standard 22lr ammo.

Anyone have any experience with Sig Sauer, and their .45s in particular? I've heard nothing but good things, but before I drop over $700 I'd be curious to hear some accounts from y'all.

Anyone have any experience with Sig Sauer, and their .45s in particular? I've heard nothing but good things, but before I drop over $700 I'd be curious to hear some accounts from y'all.
I carry a Sig P220 .45 and a P232 .380. I love both of them, the 232's mag release sucks, so it's more of a backup type weapon.

I had a P239 in .40 that I absolutely loved. I've got to get me another one of these days.

P220 and P232:
Grips_2.jpg

Damn dude, you carry a .45 220? That's a big gun. Was just looking at a few in a local shop tonight. Really wanna scoop one up, but they aren't cheap.

I don't remember which Sig I tried but I tried a Sig, Glock, XDM, 1911 and an M&P 45. I was looking for something a little more refined than my Ruger p90. The thing that stood out for me on the Sig was the very long trigger pull on the sig. The m&p 45 was more to my liking. I dropped in an Apex trigger in the m&p and now its really nice.

~Mark

Offtrac,

Is this what your trying to post?

~Mark

Haha, yes, I couldn't get it to embed. Sorry, and thanks.

Aha, the Youtube button...forgot about that.

My stainless Springfield "loaded" 1911.

Attachments

• 1911.jpg
    1911.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 566

I added a marlin model 60 to my collection right after christmas. I'm setting this up to be my training rifle, so I want it to drive tacks. I chose it because its cheap, but more accurate out of the box than the 10-22. Well, I had fun with it on New years weekend, but the scope I had was a cheap one from my airgun and just wasn't clear enough for me. So I bought a scope, BSA Sweet 22. Then just bought a boyds stock for it. The package came out great, can't wait to sight it in. Only thing left to add is a bipod. But that is next. Anyway, heres the pics.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/hunterdan_2002/2012-02-09_09-26-09_424.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/hunterdan_2002/2012-02-09_09-26-33_310.jpg
The pics aren't the greatest since the lense on my camera phone was cracked, so I will try and get some nicer ones up soon.

Dan

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/hunterdan_2002/2012-02-09_09-26-09_424.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/hunterdan_2002/2012-02-09_09-26-33_310.jpg
The pics aren't the greatest since the lense on my camera phone was cracked, so I will try and get some nicer ones up soon.

Dan
I'm liking that wood grain! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on either a Marlin 336A or a Henry H009. For, as you say, driving tacks. My gotta get is Steyr Mannlicher Scout :thumbsup:

You guys are making feel feel a little "short" on my Mosin with a Shepard on it. CHEAP AZZ rifle, REALLY cheap ammo, if you don't mind shooting the old Comm-bloc stuff, and dead bang on with better ammo. I run the Bear "silver tip" in it, and it will pick your nose for you at @800-850 M. BTW, you def. tell when you smack a deer with it... Blows the morning dew clean off at impact! ( try THAT with your 243/ 5.56 stuff )

You guys are making feel feel a little "short" on my Mosin with a Shepard on it. CHEAP AZZ rifle, REALLY cheap ammo, if you don't mind shooting the old Comm-bloc stuff, and dead bang on with better ammo. I run the Bear "silver tip" in it, and it will pick your nose for you at @800-850 M. BTW, you def. tell when you smack a deer with it... Blows the morning dew clean off at impact! ( try THAT with your 243/ 5.56 stuff )
OH NO, Mosin is on the top of my list of must haves! A must read for ANY Mosin Nagant shooter CLICKY :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now, THERE is some funny, funny TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bsnicker: :chug:

Back