Let's Talk Guns! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's Talk Guns!

you guys are mad!! here in the uk we have to make do with sticks and stones. only criminals and the police have guns. we just have to hope they don't shoot us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

See, that's how we pulled off the Revolutionary War ;). Citizens gotta know how to shoot!

We don't just have sticks and stones :D The owner of this let me shoot it after I pointed out the reason it wasn't chambering a round was because the bolt handle was hitting the huge rear aperture sight.

I think it's quite interesting, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. It's like a modern Lee-Enfield but uses what I think are Beretta M9 9mm magazines.

DSC00850.jpg

Nice, Ilikemice. Is that some sort of vehicle mount or just a stand?

Thats just a bench rest to help when your sighting in a rifle/scope etc.

~Mark

Thats just a bench rest to help when your sighting in a rifle/scope etc.

~Mark

They've got a bench out where my dad goes to shoot but it's a truck garage (semi mechanics) and it was a home spun deal.

Would've been cooler if this one was a vehicle roof mount :)

It's a bench rest made from a car jack to adjust up/down :)

I finally got my RG23 a little while back. The pawn shop i got it from didn't call me when the paperwork came back approved (like they said they would) so it ended up taking about 5 days longer than it should have. This is my first firearm purchase. So far, it's been a pretty good gun. The only .22s i've ever shot before this have been rifles, so I was surprised at how loud this gun is for such a small caliber. There are tons of Rohm haters who claim their friend's cousin's girlfriend's mom's ex-husband had a rohm that split lead/blew up/shot the barrel off and what not, but mine has had no issues like that at all. It's been well taken care of before I owned it and I make sure to keep everything in good working order. I've just been shooting bulk winchester .22LR rounds out of it with no problems. I also tried a couple subsonic rounds just to see what they're like.

rg23.jpg

See, that's how we pulled off the Revolutionary War ;). Citizens gotta know how to shoot!

A well-armed militia as a check to government power or something like that, thats why we don’t get em.

Smart move, I never understood people buying AR's that shoot NATO rounds, those are going to be hard to come by when it's Chaos, Anarchy and the Zombies come.

T-minus 6 days and my new AR will be in the same state so I can drive the couple hundred miles to pick it up.

In the mean time, I finally pulled out what I have left to re-arrange/make room for the new addition.

~Mark

Attachments

• IMG_8795-cropped-small.jpg
    IMG_8795-cropped-small.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 308

its it true what i hearing about the US government buying up loads if not all/most of amunition at the moment?

its it true what i hearing about the US government buying up loads if not all/most of amunition at the moment?

Not that I have seen. What I am seeing is some of the supply of certain types of ammunition has been running out.

For example, its getting harder to find the Yugoslavian 7.62x39 ammo that was produced from the 1970's to 1990's..

Lots of ammo is made, stored, surplussed and then sold to normal civilians.. But they can't go back in time and make more.

I had no issue getting another case of 9mm and a couple cases of .45acp this month and back in February we put in an order for just under 10k rounds (a few of us went in together to get a better deal).

Now, if your talking about going "into" Walmart and looking for ammo, Yes, I've seen that type of ammo in somewhat short supply. That just seems to be US production not keeping up with demand, especially in an election year.

I remember seeing people buying pallets of ammo at a gun show right before the last election.

~Mark

Not that I have seen. What I am seeing is some of the supply of certain types of ammunition has been running out.

For example, its getting harder to find the Yugoslavian 7.62x39 ammo that was produced from the 1970's to 1990's..

Lots of ammo is made, stored, surplussed and then sold to normal civilians.. But they can't go back in time and make more.

I had no issue getting another case of 9mm and a couple cases of .45acp this month and back in February we put in an order for just under 10k rounds (a few of us went in together to get a better deal).

Now, if your talking about going "into" Walmart and looking for ammo, Yes, I've seen that type of ammo in somewhat short supply. That just seems to be US production not keeping up with demand, especially in an election year.

I remember seeing people buying pallets of ammo at a gun show right before the last election.

~Mark

check out these stories is it true in your experience or just conspiracy if it is true its very worrying.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/04/it-looks-like-dhs-isnt-only-ammunition.html#more

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/03/why-does-department-of-homeland.html

cheers
Onetime

What I have been seeing at gun shows around here is the opposite. Last month I found some great prices on 500 round boxes of .223 (Good Federal Brass only a couple cents a round more than Russian steel cased) and it seemed like some types of guns were getting harder to come by. I've been finding good prices on .45 JHP Federals on the internet too, although they are still really high locally (about double the cost).
I will agree with Mark though that it seems like the 7.62x39 is getting a little harder to find in the Old Russian spam cans, the 7.62x54 Mosin rounds are still pretty plentiful though. Makes me wonder if they are limiting the supply of Russian ammo coming into the US. I know there have been rolling shortages of the Russian Saiga rifles for a couple of years now.

I must stop reading that stuff thanks for your input.

I must stop reading that stuff thanks for your input.

This might not help then, I just checked some of the websites I have bought ammo from in the past... .223 ammo must be in a little bit of a shortage. Most places were sold out of .223 in almost all makes (Russian and US). Looked like there were still a good supply of other calibers though :salute:

This might not help then, I just checked some of the websites I have bought ammo from in the past... .223 ammo must be in a little bit of a shortage. Most places were sold out of .223 in almost all makes (Russian and US). Looked like there were still a good supply of other calibers though :salute:

I just checked my normal 2 suppliers (both do mail order) and both have a bunch of .223's. I saw Wolf, PMC, and Yugoslavia brands. I even saw Penetrator (sp?) and tracer rounds in high quantities (800 and 1000 round cases).

What I am looking for of course is 7.62x39 that isn't steel core AND isn't steel case. That is getting harder to find without buying the more expensive stuff. Yugoslavian is the only surplus I can think of that still meets that requirement and I have < 2000 rounds of that left.

In case it helps anyone. http://www.ammoman.com and http://unammo.com are my primary sources for cases of ammo, other than the stuff we reload ourselves. There are other good places like http://www.aimsurplus.com/ but I haven't bought from them yet.

~Mark

aimsurplus is one I use, They are completely out of .223 in everything.

aimsurplus is one I use, They are completely out of .223 in everything.

Thats one of my favorite things about http://ammoman.com If you see it on the site, they have it.. I don't like it when things are still listed, but they are out of stock.. (note: aimsurplus does show "out of stock" on the page for the product, which is somewhat good since you can be notified when they get it back).

Unammo is somewhat local to me so usually just call and meet him somewhere in town.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sold my Ruger SR9C yesterday. Decided it wasn't quite right for me. Went and bought a used but immaculate 92SB. The gun is about as old as I am, but looks brand new. Can't wait to hit the range.

Back