• Register Today It's free!

level the ex

perkinsbrandon72

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 03 XLT V8
i want to level my ex. i dont like how it slopes down in the front. can you post a link to a site that i can get the leveling kit from,

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i remember correctly they do not make just a leveling kit for them. The only way to level them is to buy a lift for them and get the rear spacers smaller in height then the front ones. I hope this helps you out.

yea it does do you know of a site i can get the spacers from

i want to level my ex. i dont like how it slopes down in the front. can you post a link to a site that i can get the leveling kit from,

thanks

You're going to need to have about a 1/2" - 3/4" lift or drop on your Explorer. If a lift...then just raise the front, if a drop...then just drop the rear.

An example would be getting some lift spacers...PM me for details and I can refer you for that (can't mention the company here anymore). Or you could get some drop springs for the rear.

If you go to my Before & After page in my signature, you will see some pictures of my truck with the lift...I'm using a 2.25" front and 1.75" rear spacer lift (in addition to a body lift), which pretty much levels out the truck to get rid of that nasty factory rake you're referring to. Of course you don't need to go so high on spacers...you can literally just get a set of .75" front spacers custom made (again...PM me) and not touch the front and level it out and essentially not really lift the truck. If you are thinking of leveling it and maybe going for a little bit of a lift, and maybe some larger tires...you could go as much as a 2" lift with the spacers without significant ride change, or wear and tear on the suspension and drive components (CV joints, ball joints, arms, etc).

Well the one i got mine from apparently is not as good as what i thought but if you search for lift spacers you will find it. The only ones that i know that are mass produced are the Truxx ones but there for the 4th gens and I dont know if any one has tried to use them on the 3rd gens or not. I really hope this helps and maybe some one else can chime in.

You're going to need to have about a 1/2" - 3/4" lift or drop on your Explorer. If a lift...then just raise the front, if a drop...then just drop the rear.

An example would be getting some lift spacers...PM me for details and I can refer you for that (can't mention the company here anymore). Or you could get some drop springs for the rear.

If you go to my Before & After page in my signature, you will see some pictures of my truck with the lift...I'm using a 2.25" front and 1.75" rear spacer lift (in addition to a body lift), which pretty much levels out the truck to get rid of that nasty factory rake you're referring to. Of course you don't need to go so high on spacers...you can literally just get a set of .75" front spacers custom made (again...PM me) and not touch the front and level it out and essentially not really lift the truck. If you are thinking of leveling it and maybe going for a little bit of a lift, and maybe some larger tires...you could go as much as a 2" lift with the spacers without significant ride change, or wear and tear on the suspension and drive components (CV joints, ball joints, arms, etc).

Yeah i didnt know if it could be mentioned anymore i just got back in to the picture again and seen the thread so my bad.

Yeah i didnt know if it could be mentioned anymore i just got back in to the picture again and seen the thread so my bad.

Well I know that Truxx is fine to mention here. :thumbsup: It's the "other" one I'm talking about...so you're fine with that reference :cool:

Yeah i know which one and i loved them just needed the lifetime warranty of the J**p

i have a 2005 and i got the truxx kit

the truxxx kit is on sale at fatbobs garage for $279. it only took 5 days to get it in florida. i only got the front lift on right now and it gave me 3.25 in. of lift! i've heard that the back wont work but it looks like it should fit just fine. i'll put the back in once i get tires because right now the front sits 2 inches higher then the back! also on the website it says that it is a 2.5 in front lift and a 1.25 in rear lift but when i got it the box said its a 3 in front lift and a 2 in rear lift. and i got 3.25 inches of lift with the front spacers! The front and back spacers appeared to be close to the same size?

This thread is very relevant to my interests. A few weeks ago while replacing my brakes, I noticed my rear coil springs were broken, like many so others with an '02. The thing is, I like the slight drop this has given me (which has completely eliminated my rake, perfectly leveling out my truck), so I'm reluctant to replace them with factory-spec springs that are just going to restore my stock rear ride height. I don't want to go the lifted route, so I have been unsuccessfully trying to find a pair of rear springs that will give me the slight 1/2" - 3/4" drop I'm looking for. I don't want to really lower the truck any further than that, as I feel that would defeat the purpose of owning an SUV for me. Does anybody know where I can find these?

I just replaced my front right wheel bearing, and need to get my rear right done also, and after doing the front myself I decided I'm going to let the dealership take care of the rear one. Since this involves dropping the rear suspension, I figure it would be easiest to just have them do the springs at the same time, as I'm sure they will (forcefully) suggest anyway. This has been causing me to put off the bearing change, and I'm not sure how much longer it's going to hold out for me.

Thanks for your help guys.

thepotroast

You mention that you know a company that makes smaller (.75", 1") front strut spacers. Are they still in business? l'm leaning in the direction of leveling out my explorer rather than a full lift.

thepotroast

You mention that you know a company that makes smaller (.75", 1") front strut spacers. Are they still in business? l'm leaning in the direction of leveling out my explorer rather than a full lift.

No, "they" are not in business anymore.

Another company/person that makes a lift for the 3rd gens is BTF. I just got the upper control arms from him after lifting mine about 3 months ago. The truxxs spacers work, but you will have to modify them a bit for 3rd gens. BTF does spacers for front and back for a lift, or you can get custom ones made just for the front at w/e height you would like. Just google BTF fab, and his website should pop up first. Give Brandon a call, and just mention you got his info off explorerform.:) I have 2" spacer up front, and 1.75" in the back, with Monroe quick struts in the rear and reflex in the front. Now with the uniball control arms, it rides just like an unlifted one. Hope this helps.

Are those struts giving any lift or are they just stock replacements? I want to do a larger strut with spacers and control arms.

Are those struts giving any lift or are they just stock replacements? I want to do a larger strut with spacers and control arms.

I emailed Brandon from BTF about that a couple days ago and he said

I'd suggest a small body lift for extra clearance since the quick lift struts will add more angle to the arms and cv joints.

All my struts are stock replacement ones, and I have the spacers on top. I would have gotten reflex all around, but my rear springs where broken, so I got the quick struts for the rear.

Back