LEXANI LX-TWENTY Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LEXANI LX-TWENTY Tires

stoev

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer limited
Dear All

I got a great offer for new 22" Lexani R-Five wheels.
Now I'm looking for tires and I found Lexani LX-Twenty tires for 100$ per Piece what is very cheap.
If I will buy a Continental or a Pirellei it will cost around 270-320$.
That makes a big difference when you buy a set :D

So, does somebody knows the tires?
Size will be 265 40 22

thank you all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dear All

I got a great offer for new 22" Lexani R-Five wheels.
Now I'm looking for tires and I found Lexani LX-Twenty tires for 100$ per Piece what is very cheap.
If I will buy a Continental or a Pirellei it will cost around 270-320$.
That makes a big difference when you buy a set :D

So, does somebody knows the tires?
Size will be 265 40 22

thank you all
I'm not aware of those tires, but I'd be wary for that price. That's extremely cheap for that size of tire. I'd be worried about the rubber compounds used in the build. My guess is they won't wear nearly as well or last as long as the higher priced tires. In this instance I'd say 'you get what you pay for' would likely fit.

Again, not sure. But if the tires will only last 1/3 to half as long as the other two tires then you'll end up spending the same amount of money in the end.

Looking at some reviews on them they seem to be very highly rated. As for myself, I've never heard of them and was also a bit skeptical because of the price.

Peter

I find it odd that you are considering tires that match in name the same as your wheels, and that I too have never heard of, at a price that is too good to be true (Chineese?)
I could not find them on Tirerack
My Contisports where over $400...each :hammer:
What width are you going with?

Not sure where they are actually manufactured but the company is in Irwindale, California.
http://lexanitires.com/

Peter

Been talking to my wife about this trying to figure out how they can be sold at such a low price. She did say that the cost in materials of building a 20" versus say a 17" is negligible. I asked if her company would sell 'blemished' tires at that much of a reduced price. She said that they have tolerances and, once that tolerance level is met (or exceeded), they simply scrap the tire.

Our best guess is that it's some kind of special related to the wheel purchase. But as peterk9 said they seem to have good reviews. I'd still be a little wary, but perhaps it's worth a shot. :-/

Back