LG G3 bluetooth with SYNC resetting Messages setting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LG G3 bluetooth with SYNC resetting Messages setting

bobogator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hello. I have my G3 connected to my 2012 Explorer's SYNC. I do not want my sms messages popping up in SYNC, so I answered no (with the checkbox checked) when my phone prompted me for access to messages, and it was all good.......until the next time I drove the car. SMS started popping up on the car's screen.

I found the paired device's settings in the G3's Bluetooth settings, and Messages was listed and checked (screenshot attached). I unchecked it and when I went out then reloaded the settings, it wasn't even listed...and new sms messages would not show on the car screen.

The next time I drove the car, the Messages checkbox was back and checked, and new sms messages would pop up on the car screen.

Any ideas why this setting isn't being saved?

Thanks!

137993d1411495126-bluetooth-ford-sync-resetting-messages-setting-23407.jpg

137994d1411495137-bluetooth-ford-sync-resetting-messages-setting-23409.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi bobogator,

This is an issue with the phone. I have the G3 as well, and it does the same thing. The next time you start your Explorer, watch your phone to see if you get the permissions popup again. Let me know. :)

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. I haven't seen the permission prompt since the one time I answered No.

Any update? I have this same issue. I only receive the permissions box asking to give SYNC message access when I first pair the phone. I answered No. Every time the phone connects with sync it gives message access. I can go in and turn it off in bluetooth settings on the G3, however it will automatically give access next time it connects with SYNC. So frustrated with this.

I think its an Android issue .. I have a Sony Z1 (personal) and an LG G2 (for work) and they both do the same thing. Maybe Android 5.0 will work better.

Back