ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well, I've got a 2015 XSport and I've got pretty much all the bells and whistles that Livernois has to offer for it. Love the kit! I'm in California so I have to unfortunately run on 91. So I've go their 91 Performance Tune, along with full exhaust, intake, thermostat, plugs, 3bar MAP, etc...

I ran it at the track, and despite my inexperience, I still managed to run a high 13.6 to low 13.7 consistently...I was pretty impressed...I gotta get better at my 60' though...I would love to get into the low 13s...

Anyway, what's next for the explorer performance-wise? Not sure I wanna go full-retard (that's my Tropic Thunder reference, LOL) and do the turbo or methanol upgrade but is there anybody doing cams(is that even possible with this ecoboost)? Upgraded intercooler & piping? Gears (I think I read somewhere the XSport has 3.18s)? Etc...

Anyway, not that I want to do each of those things I mentioned just wanted to see what else might be out there on the menu...

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I've got a 2015 XSport and I've got pretty much all the bells and whistles that Livernois has to offer for it. Love the kit! I'm in California so I have to unfortunately run on 91. So I've go their 91 Performance Tune, along with full exhaust, intake, thermostat, plugs, 3bar MAP, etc...

I ran it at the track, and despite my inexperience, I still managed to run a high 13.6 to low 13.7 consistently...I was pretty impressed...I gotta get better at my 60' though...I would love to get into the low 13s...

Anyway, what's next for the explorer performance-wise? Not sure I wanna go full-retard (that's my Tropic Thunder reference, LOL) and do the turbo or methanol upgrade but is there anybody doing cams(is that even possible with this ecoboost)? Upgraded intercooler & piping? Gears (I think I read somewhere the XSport has 3.18s)? Etc...

Anyway, not that I want to do each of those things I mentioned just wanted to see what else might be out there on the menu...

Thanks.

Glad that you are loving your all new XSport! If there is anything else that we can do let us know!

We are absolutely capable of taking you past full bolt ons. We offer several parts to put on your menu.
Methanol injection
Exclusive fully built engine
FMIC (W/O hard piping, not needed)
Turbo upgrade

That would be the tip of the XSport street sleeper spear!

OP, of the list on your possibly to do list... I believe you would receive the best bang for your buck (performance to dollars wise) by changing out the 3.18 axle gears (front and back, hahaha), from stock to something like 3.73 or even better 4.10's... It certainly would help out in the 0-60 times thats for sure! Taking an 03' Wrangler from 3.73's to 4.88's really awakened the performance after adding 35" tires... It made it easier to turn the wheels.

But I don't know if anyone makes any gear upgrades for 5th generation Explorers. Also, being that it's an automatic transmission and heavily controlled by the on board computer I'm going to say that you might need a custom program for the transmission after the swap too in order to dictate the shift points. Hopefully I'm wrong and it was a non-issue like on my manual Jeep. With the Jeep a gear swap was the single most inevasive and cost effective performance upgrade one could do. This is the route I'm going to go someday after my Livernois 93 octane tune. A 4.10 final drive axle ratio along with that tune could/would shave a second off of the 0-60 time I can almost promise with absolute certainty! And being the Explorer has a 6th gear the top speed decrease would be minimal, if even worth noting at all. This mod would free up more power thru all speeds & gear ranges! I'm going to do some research as to whats being offered aftermarket. A gear swap for my Jeep with all parts included (Yukon Gears), was under 1K and felt like I had installed a 6-8lb supercharger; that would have cost 6 times that amount at least. Going from 3.73's to 4.88's was a VERY significant performance mod in the Jeep.

Yeah, I was thinking gears would be a great mod for this thing too, but not sure how viable that option really is. As much as we love our XSports, the reality is, the aftermarket isn't as supportive as your Jeep...LOL, we are really a niche cult I think.

I think that the RS, XSport and Edge Sport will all follow the cult status of the SHO. We would LOVE for more of the aftermarket to jump on our ship! That would be amazing!

We will continue to stay atop of the market as the top provider of premium support, but it would be nice to have some assistance for the few things that we do not do in-house like making gear swap kits and so on.

Did the 16s roll in your shop yet for testing

That's great !hope the downpipes carry over

So...it's been awhile since I've been on the forum...but I'm still actively lovin my Livernois modified XSport. She's impressed me and I've really been able to embarrass some folks who sleep on this thing. Anyway, I still haven't done any additional mods since the originally posted parts from Livernois and was just bringing this thread back to life to see what new parts Livernois is offering. Although I'd love to do a complete engine build from them, it's a little out of my price range. Anybody doing cams for this engine yet? I haven't seen anyone with that FMIC that was mentioned and would be interested...

So...it's been awhile since I've been on the forum...but I'm still actively lovin my Livernois modified XSport. She's impressed me and I've really been able to embarrass some folks who sleep on this thing. Anyway, I still haven't done any additional mods since the originally posted parts from Livernois and was just bringing this thread back to life to see what new parts Livernois is offering. Although I'd love to do a complete engine build from them, it's a little out of my price range. Anybody doing cams for this engine yet? I haven't seen anyone with that FMIC that was mentioned and would be interested...

I believe the next bang for the buck is methanol injection. Should be able to get 50hp. Livernois has told me they will build the tune if I go with Alky control. I've had 3 previous cars with it and all increased by 50 hp or more.

Mailed in my tuner for a transfer yesterday. Excited to try it out!

Back