• Register Today It's free!

Lift Help

Nick_1296

Reaction score
City, State
Lawrenceville, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport trac
I have a 2002 4x4 explorer sport trac, i already have the 1.5" torsion twist and i am doing the SOA in a couple of days. I understand that this will lift the rear significantly and i have no problem with it but my friends bashed the idea. Their idea was longer torsion keys, which with my understanding requires a new front driveshaft? They also recommended a fabtech spindle lift, which is for 2wd, but will it work for 4wd? What problems will i run into, and what all parts will i need to buy? Would it be cheaper/easier to do a coil over conversion?

On a completely other note, does anyone know any custom fab shops or people on the forum that could build a custom rear bumper and also someone who can machine the parts needed for a coil over conversion?

In order to match that rear lift you'll have to find a Superlift for the front or do a solid axle swap. Longer torsion keys will do you no good, and the spindle lift will not fit.

I have a 2002 4x4 explorer sport trac, i already have the 1.5" torsion twist and i am doing the SOA in a couple of days. I understand that this will lift the rear significantly and i have no problem with it but my friends bashed the idea. Their idea was longer torsion keys, which with my understanding requires a new front driveshaft? They also recommended a fabtech spindle lift, which is for 2wd, but will it work for 4wd? What problems will i run into, and what all parts will i need to buy? Would it be cheaper/easier to do a coil over conversion?

Back