Lift Kit 2003 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Kit 2003 Explorer XLT 4x4

tylereckhart

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
I would like to lift my Explorer 2 or 3 inches for mudding purposes and to put on some larger tires. I have gone to a few different experts around my area and they are telling me that there is nothing they can do for me due to the fact i have the independent from and rear suspension. i have seen many lifted explorers but i DO NOT want a body lift. Is there anything i can do?

I would like to lift my Explorer 2 or 3 inches for mudding purposes and to put on some larger tires. I have gone to a few different experts around my area and they are telling me that there is nothing they can do for me due to the fact i have the independent from and rear suspension. i have seen many lifted explorers but i DO NOT want a body lift. Is there anything i can do?

You can read through the stickies at the top of this subforum. Everything you need to know is there.

Well at stock height you can fit 265/70/17 or 265/75/16 tires, as far as supension lifts your only choices are BTF Spacers or Ranchero Quick Lifts(Which are known to settle and your loose some lift). You can get the TRUXXX lift which are for 2006-2010 Explorers, but it'll work with modification. Your best bet as far as price is a body lift. I have still yet to lift my Explorer but I've been researching all the options. Hope this was of some help!

Well at stock height you can fit 265/70/17 or 265/75/16 tires

I am running 265/75/16 on 8 inch rims with 4.5 inch back spaceing and they were milimeters away from rubbing at stock hight, i went with the 3 inch body lift and had my hand full of problems installing it but it really wasnt that bad, and people here really helped. the truxxx lift (tho i havent done it) doesnt look to hard, but it is more expensive and Im not sure how well your upper control arms will like it. considering most people extend them when doing 3 inch spacers. if all your looking to do is mud a little and get some clearence for looks, the body lift is perfectly fine. but our frames do sit low and all. good luck.

Back