Lift Kit and Bigger Tires for '13 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Kit and Bigger Tires for '13 Sport

SandraP

Reaction score
City, State
Evergreen, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I just added a 3" lift kit to my 2013 Explorer Sport and 265/50/20 Blizzaks. It has stiffened the steering (to be expected), but I lost the smooth drive that I was impressed with the Explorer, too. I didn't realize those sport tires made the ride so smooth. They were worthless for snow, though. Can't have everything, I guess.
Anyone else put a lift kit on theirs?
I was going to just do a leveling kit (I live in the mountains and I was concerned about depth of snow with the LOW clearance of this non-SUV), but they convinced me a lift kit would be better.
I also just added an alarm. The dealership said the keyless system was too new, but an alarm just became available this week for the keyless entry. It seems to work great, so far - disabling as I approach the car and grab the handle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What lift kit did you use on this 2013? I've been considering a Traxda kit but it's less than 3" lift.

I can't figure out how to post a photo on a reply! And I do not know what lift kit they put on. I had it done at a shop here in Colorado and they mention. I just know they said that it just came out; that even a few months ago there was nothing on the market for the new Explorers.

Back