Lift Kit and Rims/wheels

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
For my 05 Explorer, I want to get a lift kit for it. I've gotten a few suggestions, and been told not to get a rancho quicklift.

So what brand of lift should I go with?

To go with the lift I want to buy some new wheels and tires. Suggestion on rims?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Order a lift from BTF fabrication, hes on this site.

I plan on going with BTF when the time comes. I hear more good reviews from that guy than the rancho, on this site atleast.

BTF seems like the only lift kit I can find for an 05 explorer.

btf or truxxx for coil spacers ...

btf or truxxx for coil spacers ...

Couldn't find any Truxx coil spacers for my explorer. I'll have to take another look.

I found the rims I am going to buy.
268__________Bla_4a81b9cb55c36.jpg

The truxx spacers are listed for 06+ Explorers, probably why you were not able to find them. Just takes minor modifications to get to work on 3rd gen.

Those rims look good though! What brand are they and what size are you going with?

yeah looks good man ... btfs cost like 250 right miller? i think thats what ive heard

The truxx spacers are listed for 06+ Explorers, probably why you were not able to find them. Just takes minor modifications to get to work on 3rd gen.

Those rims look good though! What brand are they and what size are you going with?

Those rims are Rev Wheels #268 Black/Machine (no good name for these rims)

What kind of a minor modification?

Alright not too bad of a modification. Someone else made it seem like it was a major modification. $377 isnt too bad of a price from Truxxx. Labor's going to kill me when it comes time for the lift, but I don't feel like installing it in my garage. Besides a stock hieght Full-Size 96 bronco about fills my garage up (hieght). :D

Theyre good folks there. I sent them an email and got a response in less than an hour. Customer service was great!

Its kind of wierd (not really) walking in there. There's a front desk, waiting area and, a lot of products. Then there's a office area behind the desk. Looking at it there you'd never think it was an auto shop. All the times I've been there I've been satisfied with the service.
I think I'll buy the Truxxx lift, and buy it from fat bob's garage. Just hope I can get some money soon for the lift and tires (and rims...), and speedometer tuned.

Back