Lift kit for 2003 sport trac 4x2? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift kit for 2003 sport trac 4x2?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am also looking for a 4x2 kit for my 2000 explorer sport
any help would be great

A 4x2 Ranger Edge uses the same suspension but I've heard in the past that you may have to swap to Ranger brake rotors.

Hi, I am also looking for a 2.5"-3" lift for my sport trac....the problem I'm running into (stupid Maine!!) is that I can't do a body lift because I have ABS--they've made that illegal within the last couple years. So the only thing I can do is suspension lift or a leveling kit. But I can't seem to find anything. I'm looking online and it seems everyone is just going with a body lift...

Help? Thanks! :)

:scratch::scratch::scratch:What does a body lift have to do with ABS??? Looks to me like your DMV should be more concerned with a suspension lift than a body lift. :roll: Of course it IS government where bass-ackward is the norm.:mad:

I don't get that either.

Check out the lift options thread.

You wouldn't BELIEVE the crap our DMV thinks it needs to be involved in. There's tire size limits, lift limits, window tint laws, radio VOLUME limits, exhaust noise limits, driver AND passenger seatbelt laws...man oh man, it's getting out of control! But then the things that you can do to your vehicle don't make sense...like you said, I can do a suspension lift til the cows come home, but not a 3 inch body lift...like huh?! I asked a state inspection agency what ABS had to do with it and they weren't exactly sure...thinks it might have something to do with not being able to make that connection with the length of the cable, or possibly having to tamper with it to do the lift--liability issues? Who knows...I think I'm going to move to Canada! LOL

Back