Lift kit for 98 ford explorer xlt 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift kit for 98 ford explorer xlt 4x4

Post number 6 has been selected as best answered.

Ashbourne27

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ford Explorer 5.0 AWD
I am having a LOT of trouble trying to find a 3 or 4 inch suspension lift for a 98 ford explorer. Anyone know where I can find a good lift kit for it?:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am having a LOT of trouble trying to find a 3 or 4 inch suspension lift for a 98 ford explorer. Anyone know where I can find a good lift kit for it?:exp:
Me too.

There are many good options. Some easier than others. As previously mentioned you can use rear leaf shackles and front torsion bar keys/twist. The rear also has the option of adding a leaf to the leaf spring pack, or doing a spring over axle swap. Superlift and rough country both make suspension lifts fir rangers that with some modification work on our explorers. All options obviously have pros and cons. I would suggest doing some research here and finding what would work best for you. There is a lot of accumulated knowledge here to be used. Unfortunately there isn't much aftermarket support for our generation of explorers so the majority of your options will be stuff for rangers, pieced together individually or just flat out custom built.

My current setup is a 3in body lift, 1.5in load-bearing spacers on 33in tires. I have the rough country 5in suspension lift sitting in my garage right now getting ready to be put on. I just need to collect a few more parts before installing it. I'll also be putting 35in tires on after the 5in lift.

Look at other members build threads, check the sticky threads for common how-to's, use the search feature for anything specific you may be looking for. I promise the answer to whatever question you have is here.

Good luck with your build gents!

3 or 4" means getting the front lift for a Ranger and go spring over for the rear. Rough Country and Superlift make Ranger kits.

what he said

Back