lift kit on my 1991 Navajo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lift kit on my 1991 Navajo

labman2000

Reaction score
City, State
asheboro nc.
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello, I just purchaced a 1991 Navajo, and i am wanting to put some Body lift only on it 2-4" and a bit larger tires, preferably 31's or up to but not over 33's if possible.
Anyways could anyone give me good body lift/tire combinations that work well. I will be doing little if any wheelin, i just want to give it that apearance and a better looking stance. I just need to know largest tire i can use with what body lift and not get any scrubbing.
Thanks in advance, and im sure i will have more questions in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3 inch body lift, f-150 coil spring spacers in the front, and shackles in the rear. Will give 5 inches total and clear 33's no problem. Looks good and its cheap.

I realy just wanted to ad a 2-4 inch body lift only and then put the largest tires i could fit without clearance problems, and wondering what size that might be. I guess i need to know largest tire with a 2"body lift.......or largest tire with a 3" body lift........and what tire with a 4" body lift. thanks for any more help.

nobody makes a 4 inch bl anymore, too many steering problems. i would do what foxracin suggested. the f150 coil seats, add a leaf(or shackle), then top it off with a 1 or 2 inch bl. thats about 3 to 4 inches of possible lift
then for the largest tire...i would say a 32 or a 33

So do you think if i left it as it is stock, I could put 31x10.50's under it? because that may be all i want to do.

and if i did nothing but a 3 inch body lift, i could get 32's or 33's under it and have no steering problems.

The thing is i want to do as little as possible and still get 31's 32's or 33's under it. I will be satisfied with any of these. no big deal i just want to fit one of these tires under it with as little work or money needed. sorry if i being difficult i just need to know the minimum needed to acomplish each of these tire sizes
Thanks for all your help

Thanks,! that may be all i do then.....that helps alot....Now if i added 3" body lift could i fit any larger tire or would it make no difference???
This is all big help guys thanks

in my opinion youre ganna have an easier time with 2" lift coils and shackles than a 3" body lift. i ran 31 bfgs on my xploder when i had 2" and they cleared but i've heard body lifts are hell to put in. if i were you id do a 2" suspension and 3" body or else youre ganna get borred of it quick.. just my 2 cents

Back