Lift Kit options for 2wd Explorer Sport Trac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Lift Kit options for 2wd Explorer Sport Trac

upther

Reaction score
City, State
Micco, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
I got just over 1.5" when I did the AAL on mine. I think that's the better option since it's better for the overall health of your springs.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

01STrunner

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
I got right around 2" with the shackle. The AAL will stiffen up the back just a little but like upther said is better for your spring life. SHackles will cause your springs to flatten out faster whereas the AAL actually boosts your payload a little.

Here's mine with a TT/Shackles for height judgement although the rear bumper is off and I was about to install my 3" BL the next day.

photo4.jpg

<

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
Okay well are there different brands in the aal that are better or worse cause I like to have the best of stuff even if that means I have to wait. And does anybody have a product # or can send me a link to what I need. And with the 3in. Body lift and aal and torsion bars cranked to 2in. Will 33's look to small on it cause I have read where some people have ram 35's with this set up so I don't want to make the 33's look to small

<

01STrunner

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
You can run 35s with that but 33s are the norm for that setup I would say. Just look at any pictures of MidnightRebel's black Trac.

<

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
Alright so what all parts do I need to be looking for to do the add a leaf? Any good brands to go with or brands to stat away from

<

<

01STrunner

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
That's the one most guys go with

<