• Register Today It's free!

lift kit options

jakdup

Reaction score
City, State
southeast,mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 mountaineer
just got a 06 mountaineer yesterday,wanting to lift it 6" or so, what is available,susp. body together,what size tires and wheels will fit and clear well,aftermarket of course.thanks for any input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

A lot of us run the Truxxx kit, which is a spacer lift and lifts it 2.5". The most you can lift these trucks is a 3" lift due to the angle of the cv's and them fitting through the opening of the frame. This is without dropping the diffs of course. And if you wanna go that route it will be some work, but its been done before. As far as the body lift, I would never in a million years put one on my truck. These trucks need all the clearance that they can possibly get.

I installed the Truxxx kit on my '06. It raised my front about 2" and rear 1.75". Leveled the truck out nicely. Truxxx says after install you can run 32's. They are right but its close! Im running 245/75's which is about a 31.5". was very easy. done in less than 2 hrs.

I fit 32" tires no problem on my X with the truxxx. Stock rims. 32x10.50. I did a 3 inch body lift and most people say you can only clear 33's but I bet you could fir a skinny ass 35 with some minor trimming. But for suspension be careful of the UCA's. Check out Ronin's rig. He is doing some pretty fun stuff. Also Stepj helped me out a lot.

I also just got a Mountaineer, im use to driving a lifted 91 explorer and i HATE driving my 03 Mountaineer, I feel as if i am floating and it makes me sick. I was thinking of doing a 3" body lift but i cant find them anywhere.

Back