Lift kits - 2002-2005 explorer XLT 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift kits - 2002-2005 explorer XLT 4x4

musashi-x

Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4WD
hey any of yall know ANYWHERE or ANYONE that makes a lift kit for the 2002-2005 series explorer xlt 4x4's?? i got a 2002 explorer xlt 4x4 and i really wanna get a lift kit for it but i cant seem to find one. thanx! -joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your pretty much SOL

Please search, it's been discussed many times. There are currently no lift kits made for the 3rd gen Explorers, because of the way the suspension and frame are made. You can, however, do a body lift made for another year Explorer or Ranger.

Or you could go all out and put solid axles front and rear :thumbsup:

there is possibilities really soon...
I am thinking of a body lift soon on my 2002 but i am waiting for these to come out...
and I am sure there will be others soon to follow..

http://www.gorancho.com/news/2004/news110804d.stm

"Future applications will be the Ford Explorer and Expedition, Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, and Jeep Liberty"

SOL ive been looking for one with my 04 explorer and there are none available yet

hey any of yall know ANYWHERE or ANYONE that makes a lift kit for the 2002-2005 series explorer xlt 4x4's?? i got a 2002 explorer xlt 4x4 and i really wanna get a lift kit for it but i cant seem to find one. thanx! -joe
Ok so I have the 02 mountaineer and I'm going with ranch quick lift shock/spring combo to gain 2.0 lift and adding the spacers on top for another 2.0 lift for a full 4.0 inch suspension lift and I may add a body lift on top of that .

So there is a bunch of them when I google it. Just curious if you found one and your opinions on it. Thanks

So there is a bunch of them when I google it. Just curious if you found one and your opinions on it. Thanks
This member has not been online in over 13 years.

Ok so I have the 02 mountaineer and I'm going with ranch quick lift shock/spring combo to gain 2.0 lift and adding the spacers on top for another 2.0 lift for a full 4.0 inch suspension lift and I may add a body lift on top of that .
I know this quoted post is a year old, but it is not wise to add spacers to the Rancho Quick Lifts. Besides, 4” is well beyond what the front upper ball joints can handle, and will most likely fail within a few hundred miles, not to mention that the rear axle shafts will be rubbing the frame terribly.

Hey all, new member, have an 02 xlt and am looking to do a lift fairly inexpensive if possible, any suggestions on cool spring spaces and tire size? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

What’s your idea of inexpensive?

I went with a 2” spacer lift, 3” body lift, and 265/75/16 (32” x 10.5”) tires for just over 6” of lift from stock. I could probably fit 285/70/16 (33” x 11.25”) in there, but didnt want to really push the driveline. Any more than 2-1/2” spacer lift up front and you should consider changing the upper control arms.

Spacers ran me about $150, PA883 body lift was about $200, I did all the work myself, including all new struts, a rear wheel bearing/hub, and new upper ball joints.

Wheels and tires were the biggest expense.

As bought

After both lifts

Next to stock Explorer

Added roof rack and lights

There’s plenty of info on this forum for the spacers, it’s pretty much just like changing struts. There is a link in my signature to the 3rd Gen body lift using the PA883 kit for the Ranger.

Looks good, Thank you, I've been looking on here all day for different options, which spacers did you go with, so you have a link?

Are your front spacers taller to get rid of the factory rake, and are your struts the same as OEM? Really appreciate the help, I love the look of them lifted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back