Lift kits - 2002-2005 explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift kits - 2002-2005 explorer XLT 4x4

Awesome thanks for the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need some advice as well, I have a 02 explorer and wanted to do a spacer lift and fit some 265,75,16s. I was thinking of 2” in the front and the 2” in the rear

I need some advice as well, I have a 02 explorer and wanted to do a spacer lift and fit some 265,75,16s. I was thinking of 2” in the front and the 2” in the rear
The tires should fit using OEM rim backspacing/offset. You might get some rub on the fender liners when turning.

Welcome to the forum.

What’s your idea of inexpensive?

I went with a 2” spacer lift, 3” body lift, and 265/75/16 (32” x 10.5”) tires for just over 6” of lift from stock. I could probably fit 285/70/16 (33” x 11.25”) in there, but didnt want to really push the driveline. Any more than 2-1/2” spacer lift up front and you should consider changing the upper control arms.

Spacers ran me about $150, PA883 body lift was about $200, I did all the work myself, including all new struts, a rear wheel bearing/hub, and new upper ball joints.

Wheels and tires were the biggest expense.

As bought

After both lifts

Next to stock Explorer

Added roof rack and lights

There’s plenty of info on this forum for the spacers, it’s pretty much just like changing struts. There is a link in my signature to the 3rd Gen body lift using the PA883 kit for the Ranger.
hey i am going to do the rancho quick lift soon and the body lift you did is the body lift hard to do

hey i am going to do the rancho quick lift soon and the body lift you did is the body lift hard to do
Depends on your skill level, and if the truck is rusty. You are essentially breaking the cab from the frame, so it’s at least a 5/10.

will it work on 3 rd gen cuse he did it on his
thats the part i dont know, that sport rode on the 2nd gen platform, so i doubt it would be eye for eye on a 3rd gen... but it should be able to get you somewhat close as far as the general steps to install BL

i already bought it so imma try it

Back