• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Post number 199 has been selected as best answered.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ISUACE

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
I do have photos, but I don't see an option to upload them other than the URL feature? When I click Image it asks for a website?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I do have photos, but I don't see an option to upload them other than the URL feature? When I click Image it asks for a website?
There are 3rd party sites that allow uploading of pictures but in many cases those disappear over time. For $20 you can get an Elite Explorer membership and load pictures directly from your device and they are saved on the forum's servers. A membership will also get rid of the banners and allow you to post your own avatar plus it helps to support this forum. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

Peter

ISUACE

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
There are 3rd party sites that allow uploading of pictures but in many cases those disappear over time. For $20 you can get an Elite Explorer membership and load pictures directly from your device and they are saved on the forum's servers. A membership will also get rid of the banners and allow you to post your own avatar plus it helps to support this forum. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

Peter
Ah... I wondered if that was the case. I didn't realize this was a pay site for some functionality.

ISUACE

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport

What I can tell you is that the Traxda leveling kit does do what its supposed to do... make the back and front tires the same height. It's listed as a 1.25" Level, but before and after measurements for my Explorer was exactly a 1" gain which is what you want. Measuring from the pavement to the top of the wheel well the front went from 31 15/16 to 32 15/16. The rear stayed the same at 32 31/32. So basically its dead on even. I would highly recommend this kit as to others because it won't over stress the CV joints in the front suspension. I didn't want to mess with the rear. It looks like it should from the factory with a bit more clearance on the front like an SUV should.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Ah... I wondered if that was the case. I didn't realize this was a pay site for some functionality.

Do you see the "Attach Files" button below the reply window?

ISUACE

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport

Here is a video of this lift being installed not by me... but it gives you a visual at the end of the video on how it looks.

lodh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16' Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
Great! Our front bumpers are actually 4 pieces (grille, top bumper cover, bottom bumper cover, and lower air dam). I recently saw another Explorer in the neighborhood missing the bottom half - so I was able to see what was behind it! Only thing exposed that looks funny is the windshield washer bottle (which I may paint black). I'll have a shop fab something to cover up the t.cooler, etc (with holes) and it'll look something like this. Also, I went with a Pro-Gard skid plate for a PI (I called to confirm it will fit a normal 5th gen) - check it out here! You should be able to fab/weld something to the main bumper support behind the top bumper cover to accommodate a winch. I'm not sure about sliders...don't know where you would weld it to - also, you'll lose ground clearance (which we need every single inch of). I'm also researching either a drop down or swing out tire carrier that connects to the tow hitch (to hold spare tire and other recover gear).
You've got an awesome project going on with your Explorer! I'm likewise using my 16' for some light off-roading and overloading. I've been able to add a Truxxx 2.5" lift and a swing out tire carrier so far, but haven't found any skid plates until you gave me an idea of searching for PI parts. How are the Pro-Gard skid plates working out for you? Also- did you have to make any modifications in order to fit the skid plates since they were originally designed for the interceptors? Thanks.