Lift My 94 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift My 94

Reaction score
City, State
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 EDDIE BAUER EXPLORER
Hey guys, i got a 94 eddie bauer with 31'' bfg's, my question is, what would be the best height to get the truck lifted? also how much would i be looking to spend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but have you seen the search feature yet? All of the questions you've asked have been answered, MANY times before. If you search, you'll find that the biggest thing would be how much money you're willing to spend, what the truck is used for, and what size tires you want to fit. Those will all be the deciding factor in what lift you need. Like I said, search and you'll find all you want to know. ;)

Welcome to the site! As bmxking5 has said you question is very generic and has been asked (and answered) many, many times before. When deciding on a lift you need to know what is it's purpose. Are you trying to clear you current tires because they rub? Do you want the look of a lifted explorer or do you want to improve its off-road ability? Prices range from <$100 for a basic body lift all the way to $1,500+ for a full 4" or 6" suspension lift from (skyjacker, Superlift, James Duff etc). Then if you have 3.27 gears and plan on running 33s+ tires you'd seriously have to think about re-gearing to bring the power band back down to earth or you'll be way behind the engines power curve..

chicagoexplorer said:
Hey guys, i got a 94 eddie bauer with 31'' bfg's, my question is, what would be the best height to get the truck lifted? also how much would i be looking to spend.

the cheapest your going to get for the most is 5"...

2" suspention lift from Skyjacker = 200 bucks

3" Body lift from performance Accessories = 100 dollars

33x12.50 cheap tire, Kumho, Dunlap, Cooper, futura(cooper-pepboys) = 500 bucks.

15x10 rock crawlers = 250 bucks

Then you are going to need an alignment = 50 bucks

Gears for sure (4.10) = 500 w/ install

easily 2000 dollars just for the a very very basic lift. But it will look good! it will ride like cheese, but hey...

I may only assume he has a 4wd. thus he would not get gears installed for 500 for both axles. maybe one.

You would be looking at atleast a grand to regear. Best bet there is to watch for used stuff for sale with gears already in it

TheRookie said:
I may only assume he has a 4wd. thus he would not get gears installed for 500 for both axles. maybe one.

You would be looking at atleast a grand to regear. Best bet there is to watch for used stuff for sale with gears already in it

yeah i ment to note 2wd

u can get lockers front and rear installed for 500

Lockers and gears are 2 verry different things. A lunch box locker just slaps in

Back