Lift points for the Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift points for the Aerostar.

That seems a bit overkill, a regular floor jack does the job. When lifting the front, you want to center on the crossmember, and at the rear, from the differential. I upgraded to a low profile 3 ton from Harbor Freight last spring, when I had to drop the fuel tank on my Bonneville. In a shop, you need to make sure they know you can't lift an Aero by the rocker panels, as on newer minivans. There are lateral floor supports that can handle the weight.

When doing the front brakes I would prefer the locking feature that my Lincon floor jack lacks, I'm getting lazy in my older years. :)
I found a big block of wood that fits inside the Lincoln jack so if it did fail it will not come down. Bad for me is over the years some of the shops that did work for me failed to lift it properly so, now I have 4 flat spots on the bottom ridges. But I am using those now with no problem, not getting any more bent.

That jack looks pretty heavy duty. It has a center lifting area unlike regular motorcycle jacks plus it has a higher lifting capacity. The actual area on the frame of the Aerostar for lifting is very narrow, and this large area jack might come into contact with the hollow rocker panels.

Back